You have the ability to rewire your brain and destroy all the bad thoughts and negative impulses that have been holding you back all this while.
All you need is a reliable guide that will show you how exactly to do that.
The book “You Are Not Your Brain” is makes the best fit for this issue as it will help you learn how to stop bad habits and break destructive thoughts.
It will simply help you through the elevation of your mind to something as great as you can imagine.
Am sure that this will be very instrumental in your life.
Inside this You are not your brain book review, I will be helping you understand the most essential areas of the book like the gist of it, some more meat of the book, comparison with another great book on the topic, the pro’s and con’s, customer reviews, video reviews on it, who the book is for, where best to buy it and my final thoughts on the book.
Name: You Are Not Your Brain: The 4-Step Solution for Changing Bad Habits, Ending Unhealthy Thinking, and Taking Control of Your Life
Best Place to Buy: www.amazon.com
Author: Jeffrey M. Schwartz and Rebecca Gladding
Genre: Self-help book
Publisher : Avery
Date : June 5, 2012
The Gist of The Book
This is a book that provides you with a program that shows you just how you can recognize negative impulses, get to channel them through focused attention, and be ultimately able to lead a more empowered and fulfilling life.
I have to say that it is centred around all the aspects you might be going through when you are struggling with a negative mind and helps you know how to handle each.
It also sets the pace for you to figure out other specific things that you have issues with in your life.
It is quite useful I should say.
The authors of this book make the book helpful for you because they explain how the program works in detail to help you identify negative thoughts and change them for good.
The authors of this book are Jeffrey M. Schwartz, M.D. and Dr. Gladding.
Jeffrey M. Schwartz , M.D. is an American researcher in the field of neuroplasticity and is also a psychiatrist.
He is also a proponent of mind/body dualism and he actually appeared in the 2008 Film Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed.
On the other hand, Dr. Gladding served as an attending psychiatrist at UCLA and a clinical instructor.
She is an expert in depression, mindfulness and anxiety, and was featured in A&E’s critically acclaimed series, Obsessed.
She is also the Founder & Medical Director of Mindful Wellness Maui.
Some More Meat of The Book
Here, let’s look at a few things that you should expect from the book.
The main premise of this book is to help you rewire your negative thoughts into more positive ones for a fulfilling and much happier life.
It’s not new that it’s possible for anyone out there to change their negative thoughts. However, we must admit that, there are people who find it difficult to understand how exactly that code is cracked.
Well, that is where this book comes in.
Why you will find this book helpful is the way the authors take you through the understanding of the part of the brain where these negative messages are created and how the way the brain functions makes it difficult to change these negative thoughts.
Now, with this information together with well explained examples, you will be able to see how it all works out and with constant effort of putting the knowledge from the book to practice, you will change the negative impulses on the long term.
The insights you get from the book will be walking you through:
1. How deceptive messages ruin your life
2. How the brain pays more attention to the messages you repeatedly focus on
3. And how you can counter this process and make it work for you
The book will work for you if you follow through the guidelines stated out for you and be consistent with the changes you make in your life.
Let me stop there and allow you to read the book lest I feel even more inclined to give you all the juicy details of it.
Who is The Book For?
Well, the book targets anyone that would like to live a more fulfilling life.
If you are struggling with negativity, depression, anxiety and all other aspects that you feel are weighing you down, you simply want to read this book.
If you are also trying to better yourself in areas such as patience, peace, mental freedom and all other virtues around it, you will find the book very empowering.
Pro’s and Con’s
* The book is well written as the way the author has explained the content in the book is easy to understand and relatable.
* The authors of the book are experts in the area and they have tackled very specific topics you might not even imagine they thought about.
* The book is insightful and is packed with great advice for you
* The book is quite encouraging. You can not only rely on it to help you let go of the issues but also to inspire during the days you are feeling down.
* The book has some content in it repeated.
Personally, I feel the book is quite complete and every word in there counts. Think about this, the authors are experts and they know that they have repeated, so there is a good reason for that.
You Are Not Your Brain Vs Small Talk by Aston Sanderson
Small Talk is another awesome book that helps you improve your charisma, conversation starters, social skills and lessen social anxiety.
Although the content in these two books is different, both are great for helping you improve on yourself.
They kind of complement each other. When you read You are not your brain book then Small Talk, you should see a comprehensive growth and change in your life.
So I do encourage you to get both.
* A reader said that the book is highly recommended in particular for anyone in recovery from PTSD and negative childhood messages.
* Another reader said that the book is amazing because it worked exactly how she expected expert counselling would be.
* There was also a reader that said the book is excellent for people having trouble with constant rumination of thoughts due to habits or disease.
* Another reader said that the book is good to keep and refer to every so often.
* Another reader said that she found the book immensely helpful.
On the negative side,
* There was a reader that said that he did not find the book particularly well-written or interesting.
On the book’s defence, I would say that everyone has a different opinion about almost everything.
And keeping in mind that the book has been found pretty useful by many more people than those who didn’t like it, I would say you read the book yourself and determine through experience if it is good for you.
Video Reviews on The Book
I also looked at some videos of the book to further see what readers had to say about it as well as to give you a good idea of how they are finding the book.
Most of the reviewers said that they loved about the book. You can see one of them here:
Where Best To Order Your Copy
You Are Not Your Brain Book is available on a lot of platforms but the best place I recommend you to buy the book is on www.amazon.com because it offers a lot of benefits for book lovers like you such as:
* Free access to prime reading
* Free shipping for print book
* No extra cost once you get one kindle first ebook a month
* Free access to audible channels and so much more
As I conclude this review, I would like you to remember that from the book you will learn:
* How to change bad habits, end unhealthy thinking, and take control of your life. (Which is a journey you are going to learn a lot and change you in huge way)
My Final Thoughts on the Book
This is generally a really good book to help people overcome their mental issues. For this reason I highly recommend it to everyone.
However, as you read the book, I recommend that you allow yourself to digest the content in the book because it’s very essential and then give yourself a good deal of time to implement it in your life.
With that, am sure you will love the results you will get in a few weeks or months.
And that is all about this book.
Another book I recommend you to read is The universe has your back. Really great book.
If you have any questions, please leave them below and I will be more than happy to give you a hand on them. I would love to hear from you.
Remeber that, you are not your brain!
You are something much bigger than that and I believe in you! 🙂