You want to know more about Acetyl-L-Carnitine to see if it can help you solve memory problems, increase more blood flow in the brain, treat nerve pains caused by diabetes, or perhaps some other health issue you have heard it is able to handle, right?
And you wish to know more about it to understand how it works and how well it can help with the health condition, isn’t it?
Well, my Acetyl-L-Carnitine review will help you get the most important details about it like what it really is, how it works exactly, benefits, the right dosage, possible side effects, stacking, the best place to buy, my thoughts on it and even get personal customer reviews from people who have bought it before, to name a few.
I believe this review will help you get enough information about the product so that you make your purchase with full knowledge of how to work it out and what to expect from it.
And in case you want to know anything else about it that I may not have mentioned here, please feel very free to leave your comment below indicating your area of interest, and I will handle it soon as I get it. Okay?
Cheapest Place to Buy: AbsorbYourHealth.com
Servings: 100 capsules per bottle
Guarantee: 100% Money Back Guarantee
What it Acetyl-L-Carnitine?
Also known by the name ALCAR, ALC or acteylcarnitine, this is a building block for proteins that is found naturally in the body. It is basically an amino acid that helps the body to produce energy for various functions.
You will oftenly hear people saying it is an “acetylated form of L carnitine”.
And while this may be a bit confusing to lay men like you and me, it simply means that the L carnitine amino acid has been bonded with an acetyl group to form Acetyl-L-Carnitine.
And this acetyl group makes way for the amino acid to go through the barrier of the blood brain without problems, which comes with very many benefits.
This product is well known for helping with weight loss and bodybuilding as it gives a hand with using the stored fat in the body as energy while working out.
It is also commonly used to enhance cognitive abilities.
The Different Types of Carnitine
To divert a bit from Acetyl-l-carnitine to its broader form, I would like us to take a look at the various forms of carnitine, which is part of what forms Acetyl-l-carnitine.
L-Carnitine (a different type of carnitine) is the standard active form of carnitine which you will find naturally in your body, in most foods as well as in supplements.
Although, you should know that there are different types of carnitine that exist, which include:
* Propionyl-L-carnitine – This is a type of carnitine that is known to help with blood related issues like blood pressure and peripheral vascular disease. It improves flow of blood by increasing the production of nitric oxide.
* D-carnitine – This is a type of carnitine that prevents other more useful types from being absorbed into the body. It can cause carnitine deficiency in the body.
* L-carnitine L-tartrate – This is another type that is mostly helpful in sports. It has a very high absorption rate that comes in handy in increasing recovery when doing exercises as well as helping with soreness of muscles.
* L-Carnitine – This is a different type of carnitine which is the standard active form of carnitine which you will find naturally in your body, in most foods as well as in supplements.
* Acetyl-L-Carnitine – This is the type we are focusing on within this post. It is known to have many benefits including brain related and health related benefits as we will be seeing in a few minutes.
How it Works
As stated earlier, the synthesis of Acetyl-L-Carnitine is what makes it able to go through the blood brain barrier easily and have it bring many health benefits in the brain.
The combination of the acetyl group with the L carnitine makes it possess suitable characteristics like having a great bioavailability as well as quick and easy absorption into the digestive system.
Now with these abilities, it is able to go to the brain and help with:
• Enhancing the metabolism of the brain
Acetyl-L-Carnitine also improves the rate of metabolism in the brain as it has anti oxidating effects that help fight off the cellular oxidation in there and thus reduce the number of cells getting destroyed by the oxidation.
This is what makes ALCAR an effective solution to slowing the aging process.
It is also known to increase energy in the cells, prevent brain degeneration when one is stressed out and protects the neuro system too.
• Promoting production of more essential neurotransmitters
The acetyl group in Acetyl-L-Carnitine help with synthesis of acetylcholine which is a neurotransmitter that is actively involved with learning, focus and memory.
And it helps produce more of this neurotransmitter which in turn enhances cognitive abilities. Low levels of acetylcholine bring the risk of suffering from Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
It has also been found to increase the production of serotonin and norepinephrine, which are other essential neurotransmitters involved in better brain function and mood enhancement.
It is also known to complete the effect in racetams like Oxiracetam and Aniracetam, which are nootropics that hike the function of neurotransmitter receptors in the mind.
It works on the myelin sheath which encloses the brain nerves.
When myelin sheath is destroyed, abilities like vision, coordination, hearing and other important brain functions are impaired. ALCAR protects the sheath to avoid all these impairments from happening.
It also helps keep the neurons working at their best by protecting the membrane signal receptors which also increases the capability of the brain to form and secure new memories.
In the body, it is known to help with:
* Relieving Pain
In many studies done on this supplement, results have shown that it has great abilities of reducing pain especially with people who have chronic neuropathic pain.
This means it really brings down the pain that is associated with health conditions like HIV, diabetic neuropathy and compression together with injury.
* Most Age Related Health Issues
It helps to reduce the disorders that come with old age. Disorders like memory loss and Alzheimer’s are handled pretty well by it.
This supplement has been appreciated by almost all of the users. I looked through the customer reviews of it and the majority of the users gave it a 5 star rating and a 4 star rating.
I did not see any poor ratings which means it is doing a pretty good job.
So it is something you want to work with.
Although you should be careful with the way you use it. I always recommend checking first with your doctor so that you know if it is a good fit for you and how to use it based on your specific health status.
I think I have mentioned a lot of techy terms that I might have missed mentioning the benefits clearly. And if you are the kind of folks who like listed benefits like me, then this one will prove to be helpful.
To be very brief, the benefits you get off this product include:
• Bringing down nerve pains when having for diabetic people. (Neuropathy)
• Improving blood flow to your brain and increasing attention levels
• Treating Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease
• Treating male impotence brought by inflamed reproductive tissues and organs
• Treating the symptoms of “male menopause”
It is also believed to treat these problems too, although there is little proof for it.
• Down syndrome
• Muscle weakness brought by HIV medications
• Thinning issues traced to Lyme disease
• More other health conditions
Well, the dose you should take pretty much depends on what condition you are taking it for. You take it by mouth.
And here is the dosage for each condition:
• If you have elderly depression, you should have 1500mg to 3000mg each day in 2 to 3 doses per day.
• If you have Alzheimer’s disease, you should have 1500mg to 4000mg in divided doses.
• If you have peyronie’s disease, you should have 1 gram twice per day for at least 3 months.
• If you have memory loss due to age, you should have 1500mg to 2000mg per day.
• If you have male impotence (“menopause”), you should have 2 grams of Acetyl-L-Carnitine together with 2 grams of propionil-L-carnitine per day.
• If you have male infertility, there are 2 ways to go about it:
-> You can boost your sperm function with 4000mg per day
-> 2 grams of L carnitine with 1 gram of Acetyl-L-Carnitine per day
As I had ealrier mentioned, Acetyl-l-carinitine increases the effectiveness of racetams, so it would be a really good idea to stack it with them to increase the effects you get and the efficiency of the nootropics.
Also, it does a pretty good job with the acetylcholine system which means getting a choline forerunner in the stack such as Alpha GPC would be all the more benefiting to your system.
So, what I would recommend is to have a stack like this:
– Alpha GPC (about 300mg)
– Acetyl-l-carnitine (about 1000mg)
– Piracetam (About 4800mg)
You should have this stack together once per day.
You can also stack it with Mind Lab Pro, another great nootropic that improves your moods, mental performance, brain repair and memory. It has more than 10 well known ingredients that are popular with increasing mental abilities.
You can have the stack like this:
– Mind lab pro (2 capsules)
– Acetyl-l-carnitine (about 500mg)
You should have these two supplements once or twice a day.
Generally, Acetyl-L-Carnitine is safe for almost all adults. There are mild side effects that are sometimes seen like nausea, mild stomach ache, vomiting and uneasiness.
For your own safety, don’t use it if:
* You are pregnant, breastfeeding, nursing a baby or have any serious health issue
* You have hypothyroidism (this is under active thyroid)
* You have seizures
* You are taking medications of blood thinning
The best way to ensure that you are personally safe to take it is to check with your doctor first.
Where to Buy Acetyl-L-Carnitine Online
The best place to get acetyl-l-carnitine at a cheap price is AbsorbYourHealth.com. This is by far the best place I know that sells good quality stuff. And it has actually grown to be quite reputable within the nootropics industry.
It is one of the few places you will get most of the popularly powerful brain supplements like adrafinil sold, and at great prices with great discounts, especially when you buy in bulk.
It is my go to store whenever I want to get any mind power supplement. You should consider buying regularly from them too. I have also seen it’s what most people on reddit use too.
It is a really great store!
I also recommend buying from www.amazon.com since it has the same brand of this supplement. But do note that it will be slightly expensive on amazon than on the main website. I encourage people to buy it from amazon if they were planning to shop for more stuff from the online store.
My Final Thoughts on Acetyl-l-carnitine
With a supplement like this, you are able to fight most brain related issues as well as improve the health of your body.
Also, considering that it helps increase the efficiency of other supplements and works together in a stack, it is something you want to consider when you think about handling age related problems and improving your brain and body health.
I highly recommend you give it a go.
Again, if you have any burning questions about Acetyl-L-Carnitine or any other brain power question, just drop your comment below and I will be more than happy to help you out.
I will be waiting for your questions. 🙂