Heard of the smart drug Picamilon? Am guessing you have and that is why you are reading this review, right?
Well, am glad that you decided to find out all about it because that will help you make the right decision as to whether or not to use it based on a good knowledge base of it that you will get here on it.
I promise to be of great help to you in this review by providing all the information you need so, please keep reading to find out more.
I will help you understand important details about picamilon including, what the nootropic really is, how it does its thing, benefits, dosage, the best place to order your bottle, side effects and complaints, pro’s and con’s and my final thoughts on it.
So, with that said, let’s get right into business!
Best Place to Buy: www.x-nootropics.com
Half Life: 30 minutes
What Picamilon is
This is a Russian nootropic developed in 1969 by the All-Union Vitamins Scientific Research Institute.
It is also known as N-nicotinoyl-GABA, pycamilon, nicotinyl-y-aminobutyric acid and was made by combining the neurotransmitter GABA and vitamin B3 or niacin.
It was developed in the Soviet Union for the treatment of neurological disorders and also decreases anxiety and stress as well as to boost cognitive function in general.
Its legal status is as follows;
In Russia, it is sold as a prescription drug.
In USA, it was banned by the FDA and cannot be sold as a dietary supplement something that caused a lot of controversy to the point of having a legal suit which I have summarized below.
– In October 2015, mega retailer GNC was sued by the Oregon Attorney General for selling products with picamolin.
GNC tried to defend themselves by saying that they had not been informed of the ban by FDA.
The controversy around the law suit really affected the retailer and so their stocks went down and their stakeholders filed a lawsuit.
November 2015 – Montana’s senator Claire Mc Caskill asked retailers to voluntarily remove products containing picamilon.
December 2016 – GNC’s claim is upheld by the department of justice that it did not sell Picamilon and the lawsuits filed by the shareholders were dismissed.
How Picamilon Works
Here is a detailed explanation of how the supplement works:
Firstly, it is known to work in a really fast and direct way.
This is because it is soluble in water which allows it to be absorbed quickly thereby reaching bioavailability within an hour after being taken.
After this, the drug is broken down (hydrolyzed) into two components.
The Niacin component acts as a celevral vasodilator and therefore increases blood flow in the brain.
Through this, absorption of nutrients and oxygen is greatly developed.
The GABA component increases the level of the gaba neurotransmitter in the brain and with this, you become more relaxed and calmer.
Through its claimed antioxidant effects, toxins are also broken and removed in the brain.
Here is how you should take the drug according to the information sheet provided with the drug.
For athletes : 60-80mg daily for two weeks of the training period.
For depression: 40-200mg daily for up to three months.
For cerebrovascular diseases: 60-150 mg daily with the treatment first course of one to two months and a second course of 5-6months.
To help improve the functions of Picamilon for better results, it can be stacked in the following ways:
* With piracetam to improve its cognitive boosting properties as well as energy and relaxation effects.
* With an ampakine racetam supplement e.g aniracetam which is a good stimulant to boost energy and mood.
* With supplements such as Kava to boost its energy boosting properties and Valerian to boost its calming effects.
Benefits of Picamilon
Here are the benefits associated with picamolin.
* Improve mental energy, alertness and concentration. This is due to its ability to stimulate circulation and flow of blood in the brain.
* Enhances learning and memory. Studies have shown that Picamilon actually makes learning easier and faster.
To affirm this, it was administered on some specimen and when a single dose was administered, they achieved maximum level of learning within 3-5 trials.
* Helps with anxiety and mood. This is because of the GABA in the drug which causes its relaxation effects.
To prove this, experiments done on it gave results that showed, the GABA-A receptors increased and controlled the effects that come with anxiety and depression.
Here is a list of reported side effects associated with picamolin:
- Rash and itching
Pro’s and Con’s
– It’s fast acting, meaning it takes a really short time to be absorbed in the blood therefore taking less time to work.
– Can reduce anxiety and depression
– It’s well tolerated in most cases meaning it is not harmful and even though side effects are experienced, they are mild.
– It really does boost cognitive function
– It’s not readily available
Here is a helpful video that you can watch on this drug to help you better understand it.
Below is what people who have used the brain supplement were saying about it:
– A customer said he ordered the drug a few years ago and did not experience much effect.
– Another customer said she used it to fall asleep a few times but always woke up right after thirty minutes.
– Another customer said it’s more effective when taken before a run or when one has overshot caffeine.
– Another person said the drug has very minimal positive effects.
Most people actually complained of the minimal to no effect of picamolin.
Where To Buy Picamilon Online
For Picamilon, most of the major suppliers stopped stocking it after the ban. That is why you won’t get it on places like Amazon and the like.
However, if you have been using it you can still purchase it from other stores out there. The one I recommend is x-Nootropics. They are reliable and their delivery varies with your location with the farthest location taking a maximum of 13 days.
My Final Thoughts on it
I think that this is a good nootropic but it being unavailable on most platforms makes it really inaccessible.
Also, the few to no positive user reviews shows there are very low chances of seeing any benefits with it when you use it.
Do I recommend it? Well I haven’t seen much praise on the drug’s full effects so that tells you a lot about how it really works.
You can try out a better drug such as phenibut which has amazing proven health benefits mostly the same as Picamilon but much stronger and is readily available.
However, if you are already using picamolin and find it to be effective, you can go on and continue using it.
And that is all about picamolin.
If you have any questions or comments on this topic, feel free to drop them below and I will get back to you. I’ll be around the corner waiting. 🙂
Bye guys, take care!