If your child is being introduced to the brain, such an important organ of their bodies, why not engage them in a fun and enjoyable way? I have a good idea of what they can use so, read on and you will find out exactly what it is.
Kids like it when they can learn and have fun at the same time and that is why I recommend that you use the book, “My First Book About The Brain” which helps them learn about the brain by colouring.
Coloring is one activity kids really love and I can assure you that an interesting experience awaits them with this book!
One that will really engage them and see them have fun as they do that.
Inside this My First Book About The Brain book review, I will be helping you understand the most essential areas of the book like the gist of it, some more meat of the book, comparison with another great book on the topic, the pro’s and con’s, customer reviews, video reviews on it, who the book is for, where best to buy it and my final thoughts on the book.
Name: My First Book about the Brain
Best Place to Buy: www.amazon.com
Authors: Donald Silver and Patricia Wynne
Genre: Self help book
Publisher: Dover Publications
Publication Date: July 17, 2013
The Gist of the Book
This is a book that explains to young children of every aspect of the brain’s important roles, from communicating with the central nervous system to keeping memories, and so many more.
The book will be interesting for kids because they get to learn about the brain by colouring, something that makes the experience really enjoyable for them.
The author of this book is called Patricia J. Wynne.
I found out that she is an accomplished nature/science illustrator and has won quite a number of awards from the National Science Teachers Association, Parenting magazine and the John Burroughs Association.
She is also the recipient of the 2008 Theodor Seuss Geisel Honor and has even appeared in magazines, newspapers, galleries and more than 100 books for both kids and adults.
Some More Meat of The Book
Here, I will get to look at some key areas of the book that I felt you should know before purchasing the book for your child.
The book helps kids understand their brains better by colouring.
The author acknowledges that it’s important for kids to learn about the brain and that is why she uses a fun yet engaging technique that is, colouring, to help them learn and improve their memory and understanding as well.
In each page of this book, the author helps kids understand how the brain helps process the senses, how the brain relates to the nervous system, the right/left brain skills, how the brain grows through a person’s life and much more on the brain.
Your child will definitely learn a lot from this amazing book.
My advice to you as a parent is, after you purchase the book for your child be sure you are present as they use the book so that you guide them through the parts they may have questions on.
Many parents have attested to the book being quite helpful for their kids. This makes me pretty confident that your child will love the book too and also gain a lot of helpful information on their brain.
Who is The Book For?
The book targets kids of age 8 and up. However, I have seen some adults get it as well since it also handles other aspects of the brain that come in handy for mature people. That is how great the book really is.
Pro’s and Con’s of The Book
* The content in the book has been made very easy to understand.
* The author makes deep information about the brain very accessible by kids.
* The book is also a good detailed coloring book for students.
* The book can be used as a great tool for home school.
* The book is too short.
However, I feel this is because the book is focusing purely on the brain. If it had more parts, say of the body, it would have been long.
My First Book About The Brain Vs My First Human Body Book
Talking about the body, My First Human Body Book is a book that helps kids learn about how the human body works.
It is more like the complement of my first book about the brain.
Although the content in this book is different, both books are essential in helping kids learn about the different parts of their bodies and how they work.
So I would strongly encourage you to get your kids both books.
I had time to look through what folks were saying about this book and I have to say that almost all of them found value in it. Here is some of the feedback I got on the book from them.
* A parent said that the author does a great job of making information interesting to kids and does it at a reasonable price.
* Another parent said that he bought the book for his 7yr old son and he loves that this book is a coloring book and an educational book all at once.
* There was also another parent that said that the book is really impressive and that it has a good amount of detail without being overwhelming.
* Another person said that he bought this book as an adult because of its intriguing delving into the physiology of the brain!
* Another parent said that this book is good for basic understanding of the brain and that it doesn’t go into major details of each lobe, but it covers enough for a child maybe 10 and younger to understand easily.
On the negative side,
* A reader said that he didn’t realize the book was a coloring book and that though interesting, but not for a big kid, it’s not what he wanted at all.
I think he didn’t have the chance to read a detailed review of the book to know what he was signing up for. He did find it interesting though, so it means it is well worth the shot.
Where Best To Order Your Copy
My First Book About The Brain is available on a lot of platforms but the best place I recommend you to buy the book is on www.amazon.com because it offers a lot of benefits for book lovers like you such as:
* Free access to prime reading
* Free shipping for print book
* No extra cost once you get one kindle first ebook a month
* Free access to audible channels and so much more
As I conclude this review, I would like you to remember that from the book your kid and some adults as well will learn:
* Basic yet essential aspects about the brain
My Final Thoughts on the Book
In my opinion, this is a good book and has great content to offer. I therefore recommend that parents get this book for their kids because it is instrumental in helping them learn about the brain.
And that is all about this book.
Another book I recommend is Drawing on the right side of the brain. Really good book.
If you have any questions, concerns and comments about this book, always feel at home. Just drop them in the comments area below and I will surely help you out to the best of my ability.
Happy Time Studying About The Brain For You and Your Kid! 🙂