You are looking to know how to stop binge eating and lose weight the proper way, right? You want to learn how to control your cravings and be able to get into that beautiful shape you have always desired, isn’t it?
Well, I will be dealing with binge eating disorder here. Then after that, maybe you can sign up for a quality weight loss program.
I will show you how you can stop binge eating on your own through a very easy mind training practice called the Mind Twist Practice.
All addictions, including binging, starts in the mind.
And this is where you should approach it as you try to overcome it, if you are really determined to do it. The other tips you get there come after you have build self discipline in your mind first. And I will walk you through the whole process.
Without any delays, let’s get started.
What is The Mind Twist Practice for Binging?
This is a practice that will help you stop eating so much and help you build self control and temperance.
With this, you will be able to build strong resolution of controlling your eating habits and get you to eat whatever you want to, when you want, not when your body creates an urge for it. It works on changing the self concepts you have built for yourself with regards to food.
Self concepts like, “I can’t help it when I see this or that type of food!”, “I just can’t stay around food and not get the need to eat it” and many others.
These are self made beliefs that this practice will help you break once and for all.
These beliefs are what made the door to eating anything within your reach always open.
And it’s time you locked it up again, this time for life, if you truly want to stop it and lose weight.
How the Mind Twist Practice Works
This mind exercise for gaining full control over your mind, your body and your life is meant to change the perspectives and self made beliefs that are negatively impacting your life.
It will also take you through the process of building new helpful ones that will get you to stop overeating and start seriously working on your body.
The whole idea behind it is that you have full authority over every aspect of your life, and you only get to practice that authority by continuously and persistently giving your mind the orders you want it take up and follow.
These thoughts should be things you know will improve your life.
When your mind starts following these orders, your body also can’t help but follow suit as it takes orders from the mind.
I hope you now understand that cycle.
Now, the deal here is to feed your mind with thoughts of self discipline with food that will help you change the negative idea you have about your abilities to restrain yourself from emotional eating.
And when you keep feeding these good and powerful thoughts in your mind, the negative ones will naturally fade away and you will get these new positive ones in to help you master your life since they also stimulate mental energy.
Having attained this, you can now easily lose weight and not have to use best binge eating diet plans, or tips to manage the binges.
How to Do the Mind Twist Practice
Well, this is very simple. And you can even do it soon after you are done reading this post or when you feel the urge to binge. You will see results in under 20 minutes. Okay?
Now here is how you do it:
• Get yourself a quiet, tidy and well ventilated place – It can be any room in your house, office or outside. But be sure it’s clean and silent, and has got lots of fresh air, they are super important.
• Sit down with a fair amount of comfort – Get a place to sit which shouldn’t be too comfortable to fall asleep. The seat should not have a head or armrest. A backrest is good too. Also, keep your spine upright.
• Close your eyes.
• Think profoundly about self discipline. Ask yourself these questions and answer them within your mind without verbal communication.
Ask yourself what true self discipline means, how it is evident in eating, how much self discipline helps with avoiding diseases and huge costs of living.
How self control and discipline earns you respect and character. How eating reasonable proportions help keep your body healthy. How fair portions coupled with discipline brings about an enviable physique.
From there, visualize a person with a good body you know or desire to have. Try to see within your mind how much effort they put on living healthy lives.
See the discipline they have had to apply to control themselves from eating too much to remain toned. Look at their body and see the results of that discipline and how they are admired for it.
Think in that ordered manner.
• Do this for a period of 15 minutes.
• Give this period the best of your concentration. The most important thing in this whole exercise, is concentration. It’s where the thoughts are made to materialize as well as have your mind enough mental power to do it. If you don’t give 100% concentration, it will be hard for you to see any results.
But it is also very difficult to concentrate completely for a period continuously for 15 minutes, unless you are well trained. We all have minds that are chattery and less focused. I couldn’t do it myself so I decided to use to concentration aids. They make work much easier. I suggest you use them too to make the most of the practice.
• When 15 minutes are over, open your eyes.
• Take note of your feelings and overall body.
What You Usually Feel After the Practice
If you made the effort to think profoundly and put all your concentration to the thoughts throughout the whole session, you will definitely notice:
• A deep calming feeling in the middle part of your chest. It is a cool effect that makes you so peaceful and strong.
• You will feel more alive and in power, with your eyes much more open than they are, by default.
• Your face will have dispelled all the tension and pressure, and you will feel loose.
• You will feel more capable to control the food aspect of your life and all other areas you have problems with.
• You will realize how easy controlling yourself is and how much you underestimated your abilities.
Getting Permanent Control Over What You Eat
To prepare you beforehand, you should note that the fantastic feelings you will get from this practice for the first time won’t stay for long. They will go away in 3 days, maximum. This must happen because you have not really gained enough mental power to order your mind.
If you want to be in full control forever, you will have to do it more often so that you design your brain to stop relying on negative automatic responses and work with your decisions. Also, there are a few things you should remember to do to make this practice more effective and bring you quality results faster.
Here are things you should keep in mind:
• You have to do the practice for 15 minutes, in the morning and at night. (Twice each day)
• Do it persistently for 2 months, minimum. (3 months is much better)
• After the first month, tune things up by adding 15 more minutes to each session. (Making it 30 minutes per session, twice a day)
• Think profoundly and concentrate completely every time.
• Apply the things you learn in your sessions the next day with determination.
• Before you know it, you will get positive comments on your major improvement.
And this is all you have to do.
If you got any questions about this topic, I got ready answers with me. Just leave them below and I’ll be happy to clear the mist for you.