You want to learn how to overcome public speaking anxiety, right? You are always fidgeting and panicking before huge gatherings and events when you are asked to speak, and want to discover how to conquer the fear completely, isn’t it?
Well, I have personally suffered that in the past, and I’m glad I was able to overcome using a mind training technique called Mind Twist, which has been the best solution thus far.
I will be walking you throuth the whole practice which will give you a lot of insight into your fear and give you plenty of tips and mental strength to fight the panic, fear and anxiety once and for all.
It worked for me and I also believe it can for you if you follow it as it strictly requires. Okay?
Great! On to the Mind Twist right away.
What the Mind Twist is to Public Speaking Anxiety
This practice is an easy way to chase all the fear, anxiety or addiction in your life by solving the root cause, your mind.
For public speaking, it helps bring your mind to the understanding of the whole concept of public speaking and get you to change your perspective and idea of it.
Initially, I thought everyone was super keen on the way I dressed, the way I talked, I moved my body and all that. But through this practice, I later came to discover that people barely pay attention to such stuff.
There is more of what I learned than I can explain since the anxiety is very personal but once you do it you’ll see what I mean.
All the courses, tips, medications or any kind of help you might have received in the past to battle this fear aren’t as effective as mind twist. They may be fairly good but I found out that they basically try to coat the problem instead of solving it, which later exposes itself again.
What you need is to cure the “disease” from its origin, which is the mind. And mind twist assists you to do that.
It helps twist your ideals and concepts from being sensitive, shy, panicking to building confidence and eloquence.
The Mechanics of Mind Twist (How it All Goes Down)
Your current anxiety has been built by the perception you have about public speaking. You may be shy or afraid to talk in front of a crowd but you are not afraid to talk a group of your good friends, why?
Because you think your friends might be fewer, they understand you and you are more at ease with them than with others. Right?
Please mark the word “think” as everything lies there.
Things are not always true as we think they are. And you might be surprised to know that your friends judge you more than you think people you don’t know would.
Our thoughts have made our personality.
What we think more about is what we become. I used to think how big an audience is and how many stares, judgments and critics I’d receive and this made extremely anxious.
I had held those thoughts for long which helped build the fear and panic. And knowing that thought was what fed the fire of fear within me, it only meant that I had to use the same thoughts to reverse the whole story.
In simple terms, mind twist aims at focusing your mind, through your own thoughts, to the idea of confidence and eloquence for a long time to overcome public speaking anxiety.
When you do it consistently, you will notice you will start gaining knowledge and discovery about public speaking you never knew before.
From there, you will start seeing your self made concepts changing and ultimately, your whole personality becoming a completely different one.
It is actually sweeter and much more intense than it sounds. 🙂
How the Mind Twist is Done
The main advantage of this exercise is that you can feel the effects within the next 15 minutes. I recommend you put it to the test after this read to feel it yourself.
This is how you should get into it:
• Look for the perfect environment – Get yourself a quiet, clean and oxygen-plenty place. You can use any room with the windows open or do it outside. Ensure the that the three key things mentioned are there.
• Make yourself a bit comfy – You should then sit somewhere with a fair amount of comfortability. See that your spine is straight and no head or armrests are there.
• Slowly, very slowly, close your eyes.
• Direct all your thoughts to confidence and eloquence – Here, you are supposed to answer a few questions within your mind to help power your brain up. You should think really hard about them. Use these questions to lead you in thought.
What does it mean to be confident and eloquent when speaking in public? What are the signs and expressions that show a person is completely at ease and well composed before an audience? Which of the expressions do I possess? Which ones don’t I have?
What do I have instead of those? Why do I react that way? What seems to be the problem? How can I get them to make me be and look positive and confident?
Then, visualize a person you find very good at public speaking. Someone you’d love to be like. Try to identify how he handles the whole speech. Mentally observe how they express themselves and how their eyes move as they speak.
Try to pick out their thoughts and ideas within the expressions and speech they make.
• Run this exercise for a period of 15 minutes and concentrate hard throughout – The two key aspects that I came to know determine the level of success with the practice is thinking intensely and full concentration.
If you put all your attention into your thoughts and carefully answer each question after intense thought you’ll be successful. The peak of concentration is what triggers your feelings. But we can’t concentrate totally for a length of 15 minutes unless we are trained to do it.
I tried concentrating and it was a mess since our minds are very chatty. So I went for concentration aids to cover that aspect, and they turned really well. The best aid I know is brainev, the second one which is fairly effective is nitrofocus and the third one, is Zen 12.
The aid came really in handy for me and changed the whole experience.
• When the time is up, again, slowly open your eyes.
Inspect your feelings immediately.
Have you noticed that the mind twist is quite similar to the Raikov effect?
The Feelings You Get When You Do it Right
If you make the effort of thinking very intensely and concentrating throughout the whole time, these are the feelings you will observe. I see them every time I do it.
• You will feel very relaxed, with your eyes signalling peace by widening.
• Your chest, the central part, will give off a wave like calm and refreshing feeling that can be deeply felt. It’s very deep.
• Your face will also relax and you will feel at peace and harmony with yourself.
• Your mind will also feel energized and you will feel the mental energy that has been released.
• You will also discover how wrong you were about standing before a huge number of folks.
• You will get so much confidence that you will feel already prepared to take on the public speech, and then some.
Now to Get You Permanently Confident and Eloquent
These feelings are good and you will really enjoy them. But they won’t go past 3 days if you won’t have done the practice again.
They will decrease in intensity with time. And the reason is your mind hasn’t really developed enough energy to make you as confident and eloquent as you’ll be feeling.
If you want to be fully eloquent and confident, this is what you will have to do.
• Do the practice daily, for 15 minutes each morning and night, before you sleep.
• Be fully committed to doing it for 2 months nonstop.
• When you’ve done it for a month, start doing the exercise for 30 minutes every time you do it.
• Remember the two important aspects, full concentration and intense thought.
• Try to come up with resolutions and put them to practice with determination the following day.
• After 2 months, observe people’s comments on the aspect. (There will be a good number of them)
That’s simply how you get rid of speaking anxiety completely.
If you have any questions about this practice or any other related issue, drop a comment below. I will be thrilled to give you a hand where I can.