You are always under immense pressure when you go out to social gatherings, right? That is why you want to know how to overcome social anxiety step by step, isn’t it?
Well, you are not alone.
I have been super anxious myself, almost all half of my adult life.
Just recently, I discovered a very simple approach that focuses on changing your mind which then easily changes your perspective and ultimately help you deal better when social events are knocking on your door.
The solution is a mind training exercise called Mind Twist that changes your ideas and self concepts about life and other specific things that get you all anxious and help you calm your nerves, have repose and simply be you, but more confidently.
I’m sure you are going to love it because I really did, and I actually still do it.
Let me share more about it.
What Mind Twist is in Relation to Social Anxiety
It is an exercise that helps you conquer all the social anxiety within yourself step by step, by exposing all the things that cause the anxiety in your life and help you deal with them one by one slowly by slowly until they are gone.
It takes you through the hidden fearful thoughts you have been entertaining all this while that have been igniting nervousness when you hear it’s time to get social.
It shows you how unconcerned people actually are about you, your style of clothing, your level of intellect, or anything else you may be afraid of being judged on. Or even if you are an introvert.
Simply put, it helps you eliminate all the fear of judgement and criticism as well as shyness, or anything else you fret about, and get you to develop courage and be happy with yourself just as you are, without changing your general appearance.
Trust me, it is sweeter than it sounds. 🙂
The Concept Behind Mind Twist
I know you may be wondering how mind twist really operates.
Well, just as the name suggests, it is meant to twist your mind from the anxiety to complete confidence using your own thoughts.
The people who discovered it say that everything, fear and courage, anxiety and repose, happiness and sadness, good and bad, all of them are in your mind.
And you get to choose which one will be more manifest in your life through your thoughts. This means that if you are have the famous ‘social anxious disorder’, it means you have cultivated it in your very mind through the tools of thought.
You have either been thinking so much about it or allowed ideas based on fear and anxiety that you have made up take a good part of your thoughts.
It could also be that you heard some rumors from others and allowed them to grow in your mind into fear and much self consciousness which is really wearing you out.
Now, using the same thoughts, you will twist the whole song of mental uneasiness that has been playing in your mind through the years, and get you to make a transition to a calm, firm and confident personality.
You will stream endless thoughts of courage, self acceptance, high self esteem and the nature of human beings in your mind which will do all the overcoming of the tension within you.
As you do it consistently, you will notice a huge amount of improvement, and with time, you will be surprised by the confidence and high self esteem you’ll have gained.
How You Do the Mind Twist
The beauty of this practice is that you get to feel the effects as fast as when the very first session is over. Each session takes about 15 minutes, and noticeable feelings are evident.
It works more like the Raikov effect technique.
I encourage you to do it after reading this post to see what I’m saying.
This is the exact procedure I got for it. (word for word)
• Get a spacious, tidy and well ventilated place – Not necessarily in your house. You can use your office or compound as long as it is clean and there’s plenty of oxygen for the brain, as well as silent (the three are very key).
• Find a comfy seat for yourself – Sit comfortably to avoid uneasiness when you are doing it. But don’t be too comfortable or you’ll sleep. Just see that you keep your spine upright and don’t use arm or backrests.
• Close your eyes
• Apply intense thought on high self esteem, courage and confidence – This is where it starts. You are supposed to think very intensely and from all points of view about high self esteem, confident and courage.
If you are shy, think about confidence, if you are self conscious, think about high self esteem and if you generally afraid, think about courage.
You can use these questions as leads.
What is confidence? What does it mean to be genuinely and completely confident? Which aspects in people bring about confidence? Which actions, gestures or expressions hint courage? Which ones do I have? Which ones don’t I have? What do I have in place of those?
Then draw in your mind a picture of the most confident person you know or admire, ask yourself what they’d do in cases which get you stressed out and tensed. Go through each situation and see how they would handle it.
• Engage your thoughts with complete concentration. I learnt that concentration is the whole essence of the practice. You need to really focus and keep your thought locked to these aspects if you want to see the effects and genuinely change.
At the peak of your concentration, is where the whole magic happens. I even heard that if you concentrate a lot for more than 5 months, you can even get visions and illuminate light around yourself because your brain has great capabilities. (The concept used in meditation)
But the issue is, the average person like you and me can’t concentrate fully unless we are trained.
And I wasn’t able to do it with my mind because it is very chatty. So I opted to use concentration aids which worked very well. The aids I would encourage you use are brainev, it’s the most powerful. Other cheap alternatives are nitrofocus or zen 12.
• After your 15 minutes count is up, open your eyes.
Observe how you are feeling.
What You’ll Feel When You Finish…
If you paid enough attention to your thoughts, and thought intensely as well as concentrating hard, these are some of the things you will feel (they are what I always feel):
• In the center most part of your chest, you get a cool feeling of peace and calmness which moves in a wave like motion.
• Your face is more loosened up and you feel inner contentment, a sign of more peace.
• Your eyes are clearer and wider than usual.
• You feel more confident and happy with yourself. And even feel like getting into more social events and talk to many folks.
• You notice how “shallow minded” you have been about things that have made you become socially anxious.
Now to Treat This Social Anxiety Completely
Well, I have to agree that the first time you do it, it feels very real and intense, but a few hours later it begins to subside. If you’ll not have done it again, it will go away in about three days.
But the permanent way to keep it, is to do these things:
• Do it each day, every morning and evening for 15 minutes.
• At least, keep at it for 2 months without trying to get your way around it.
• When you have been on it for a month, take things to the next level by doing it for 30 minutes each morning and evening.
• Always remember the 2 crucial things, thinking intensely and full concentration.
• Write down the things you learn somewhere and put them to the test the next day.
Before 2 months are over you will note a huge improvement and people are more likely to comment on it.
That is all about fighting social anxiety with mind twist.
If you need any help with the practice, you can always reach out to me via the comments, I’ve learnt a lot about it and I’ll be glad to help. 🙂