You want to learn how to overcome fear of abandonment and rejection, right? You want to know how to be always fully self standing and ready for whatever is thrown your way, isn’t it?
Well, all that fear is in your mind and has been growing with time to become the much it is right now.
And there is a way you can redesign your brain to get over that fear and get you to be happy and okay on your own as well as to be ready for anything.
I will be showing a simple mind redesign activity called the mind twist practice that will help you reverse all the thoughts of fear and anxiety and help you gain more courage, more confidence and get you to love your own company more than the company of others close to you.
This is the path to liberation from attachment, dependency and from being self conscious about stuff.
If you want to be free of fear really bad and you truly want to get rid of all your fears, without kidding yourself, then you simply want to follow what I’m about to show you. It’s the most effective way to do it.
And without any delays, let’s get started. 🙂
What is The Mind Twist Practice for Fighting Fear?
This is a simple practice aimed at getting the brain to empty all the unhelpful fearful thoughts that you have accumulated over the years.
It will help you do away with the thoughts of fear you have been feeding your mind and have almost crystallized into your personality.
They have made you want to seek attention and love elsewhere and always keep you tensed when you think of being abandoned or rejected by people.
The practice will help you slowly bring your fear down by helping you understanding it, know the cause of all this fear and treat it in the smoothest way possible, as well as keep it off for good.
I’m sure there are a lot of people you see or even know, who are so happy being alone and don’t really mind if they are loved or not, right?
(But not the introverts. Basically people who are able to interact with people very well, and also don’t mind spending more time alone)
And you wonder how they are able to live in peace and joy with such a life, true?
Well, they have kind of been doing this practice, either with or without their knowledge. And you are going to understand how their minds work.
How the Mind Twist Practice Works
This is quite easy. The practice works towards helping you know bring down the fear by creating more space for courage and a feeling of self sufficiency in your mind.
It helps you know how the universe truly works with regards to relationships, the nature of human beings and other deep super helpful stuff, which will help you understand why your current perspective is based on “ignorance” (sorry for using this harsh word), and where you have been having it all wrong all this time.
You may have gotten a lot of tips on curing your phobia from different people or institutions but if you have noticed, nothing seems to work quite effectively.
The reason is, the solutions you get are secondary. You first have to deal with the primary problem here, and that is your mind.
From there you can implement other strategies. See, all you fear is in your mind.
And it has become part of you through the thoughts of fear you have been accumulating from time to time.
So your mind took up the thoughts, and with your continuous thinking made them part of your personality, your life.
And the more you keep thinking about it, the more you amplify the intensity of fear within yourself. Which means, you can never get off of it unless you first change everything in your mind.
And this actual practice will help you do that. Its concept is actually very simple but really profound as it based on one of the most powerful laws of thought.
That whatever you hold in your mind, through your frequent thoughts, for a long time becomes part of you, part of your character and personality.
This being the case, the practice helps you gain the mental energy you need to hold thoughts of self sufficiency, enjoying your own company and freeing yourself from attachments and dependency on others for happiness and satisfaction.
And will ultimately free you from the bondage of fear.
You will be flooding your mind with thoughts of courage, being independent, loving and feeling so okay with yourself, knowing you are strong on your own and you are awesome no matter what people say.
To start with, this is completely true, you are all these good things and are capable of anything, you only need to understand this truth within you to be liberated from the chains you are in right now.
How to Do The Mind Twist Practice
Well, if you are currently afraid of being cast away, you can do it immediately after reading this post, it will give a bit of peace and relief in about 15 minutes.
But if you do it longer, as I will be showing you, you will become free from your fear and from others completely.
Here is how you do it.
• Look for a quiet and peaceful environment, or place. It can be your room, your office (off duty hours) or even outside. But make sure there is good ventilation with plenty of fresh air flowing in. It is really necessary.
• Find some place to sit. Get a comfortable seat without a headrest or armrest, a backrest is okay. The thing is don’t be too comfy to easily fall asleep.
• Close your mind and power up your thoughts. Start thinking about courage. What is courage? How does the courageous person who is happy being alone think?
What makes them that happy when they lonely? What is that special spark which keep them independent, peace and cheerful? What is that aspect or knowledge they have that keeps them going?
How true is the fact that I can be happy alone even when rejected or abandoned? What principle is this truth based on? What do I need to make it work?
This is how your thoughts should develop.
• Think deeply about these questions for about 15 minutes.
• Think about the questions and answer them truthfully and mentally, within yourself, with total concentration. This is the most important bit of the whole practice, doing it with 100% concentration.
It is where the profound answers lie and also where pure mental energy is released to change your brain, your perspective and self made concepts. It is where the whole mind twist “magic” happens.
For the average person, it will be hard to put in this kind of concentration. If you haven’t been trained to concentrate, you won’t be able to do it.
I wasn’t trained myself and I had a difficult time doing it with the chattery mind we all have. That is why I used concentration aids which makes it much easier.
• After 15 minutes are over, slowly open your eyes and closely observe what you feel.
What You Will Feel After Doing the Practice
If you really went deep within your thoughts, by concentrating fully and answering the questions sincerely, this is what you should feel:
• In the middle of your chest, you will feel a cooling feeling of assurance, peacefulness and easiness.
• The tension on your face will break and you face will become more relaxed than it has probably ever been.
• Your brain will feel reenergized and having more power to handle things alone.
• Your eyes will show more peace, and your rate of breathing will drop just slightly to keep the peace more vibrant.
• A deep overwhelming wave of calmness, courage and satisfaction will envelop your whole being.
• You will notice that you have been creating a huge illusion of fear all this time and the whole fear is not as big as you thought it was. (You will probably laugh at yourself at this point)
Now to Make This Feeling a Permanent Thing For You!
If you do it once, this feeling should last for at most 3 days, at most. It may last for only a few hours for some. From there, you will get back to your old self with a good deal of the fear you have been having.
And the reason for this is, your mind is not powerful enough to beat the fear at the moment.
You only activated little mental energy to deal with fear for a short while.
To make this feeling permanent, you will have to do this practice more.
It will keep adding more energy to your mind to take up the courage and self sufficiency virtues you are feeding it.
So, you have to do the practice more, and these are the things you should remember as you do it:
• Do it for 15 minutes twice per day (in the morning and in the evening before you sleep)
• Do it for a minimum of 2 months (3 months is even greater and deeper)
• After 1 month, begin to do it for 30 minutes twice per day (30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening)
• Give your whole concentration to the practice. It is what determines the intensity of the feelings described above.
• Put into practice with determination and confidence what you learn from the answers you get, for the questions I listed.
• Observe how you feel in 2 months and then in 3 months.
And that is all you got to do to beat the fear out of your life.
If you have any questions or want to leave a comment, my friend, you are always welcome. Leave them below and I’ll be thrilled to strike a conversation with you.