You want to know how to overcome anger problems, right? You want to learn how you can overcome the heat that stirs up within you whenever you are angered, isn’t it?
Well, I will show you how you can easily put a stop to your anger once and for all.
The method that I will be showing you is called the simple Mind Twist practice, a practice that helps treat your anger issues from the brain, because this is where all the drama starts.
If you’ve noticed, the mental impressions and perceptions your mind takes up are what make you hike your anger.
And if you can improve the impression and perception, your anger will automatically die down and you’ll grow more gentle. (I’ll be explaining this in detail)
If you are really serious about calming down your temper and you truly want to change from the inside without kidding yourself, start doing this practice immediately, as explained and it will surely help you chase your temper away.
Also, if you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments and I’ll respond soon as I see them, okay?
Sweet! Let’s get right into it.
What is The Mind Twist For Overcoming Anger Issues?
This is a practice that helps you twist your mindset and approach to situations that get you easily annoyed, and help you develop the mental energy that will curb your temper naturally.
All your anger comes from your mind and is manifested in your deeds. Your body is basically the servant of your mind and acts from the ideas and self concepts you have been feeding it all this while.
For sure, the concepts you hold are wrong if they are making you respond in a way that makes you feel bad about yourself or makes others fear you in a negative way and quickly draw away from you.
So the deal here is to reverse your concepts and principles by continuously thinking in a positive way, filled with peace, mercy and understanding, which are the 3 main pillars of calmness and self control during angry situations.
How the Mind Twist Practice Works
This is very simple. The practice works around twisting your mind to stop having negative impressions and perceptions and ultimately change your whole view of stuff that gets you boiling with rage.
If you take at least 15 minutes of your every day, to think deeply about about 3 aspects, peace, mercy and understanding, you will have your mind starting to take up new ideas of affection and calmness. With time and a bit of effort, these thoughts will develop in your mind and become evident traits in your character.
In a good while, if you are doing it consistently, your mind will get rid of all the negative thoughts you had and replace them with the new noble ones, that will make you quiet, serene and relaxed with the kind of peace that no one can take away from you.
This practice can help you calm down within minutes if you are relatively annoyed at the moment. It can also help you build that quality character of remaining silent and poise when you are insulted or disgraced.
The law of thought that applies here is the one that states, think deep and continuously about something for along time and you will become like it.
Which means, if you think deeply about peace, mercy and understanding, you will become peaceful, merciful and understanding enough to overlook the things that always interfere with your inner peace.
This practice applies very well when you have kids, are in a relationship or when you are jealous. It will help you control the anger and frustration.
How to Do The Mind Twist Practice
Before we jump into the procedure, I’d like you to know that this may sound like meditation, but rest assured it’s not. Meditation is in quite another level, and it uses other different universal laws.
Also, if you are a bit annoyed at the moment, you can do it. But if you very angry, lay on your bed and take some time to come down, and then wake up and do it.
Here is how you should do the mind twist practice:
• Get a quiet place with good ventilation or air flow. You can also sit outside where there is adequate fresh air. Fresh air is really essential.
• Sit down and close your eyes.
• Start thinking about peace understanding and mercy (Start with understanding, then peace and finally mercy)
• Ask yourself mental questions like why did the person who made me angry do it? What could have happened? Why did they do it knowing very well I would be annoyed?
Do they just want to see me angry or what? Could be something that is going in their lives that made them do it? Could I be the one who made them angry in the first place? What was the best way to handle the situation? (Start with those for now)
• Don’t talk, just answer them silently in your mind and try to go deep into each question and find profound answers.
• Think through the matter for 15 minutes.
• Make sure you give the practice all your concentration. This is the quality of the whole practice, it is where the magic happens.
If you don’t put in 100% concentration, you won’t get any effective results. Full concentration means, all your thoughts, your nerves, your heart, your mind and everything in you is focused on the questions for 15 full minutes without getting distracted.
Only a few people who have been trained can do this. The rest including me, have to use concentration aids to be able to make the most off ourselves. That is why I recommend you use concentration aids like brainev (the best program), or nitrofocus (the second best) or Zen 12 (third best).
Without these, or the concentration training program, it will be hard for you to concentrate completely which means no quality results.
• After 15 minutes, open your eyes, and observe how you feel.
How You Should Feel Soon After the Practice
If you gave 100% concentration and thought deeply about the questions, this is what you should feel after 15 minutes:
• The central part of your chest should have a cool feeling of calmness and wave-like feeling of peacefulness.
• You face is relaxed and more peaceful with hints of joy. The thoughts will also make you feel humbled.
• You eyes are more open than you normally are.
• If you were angry with someone a while ago, you feel like looking for them, apologizing and trying to understand what really happened. You are also ready to forgive.
• You feel like you can forgive very many people in a single day.
Now to Integrate This Trait into Your Character
You can make this state a permanent thing, if you want. But before we get there, know that the feeling I described above won’t last for long, at least not more than 3 days.
The thing is, you have just activated your mind for a short while, and it has given you short term effects.
If you want to make it permanent, you have to do the practice for a long time, a minimum of 2 months, and add a couple of other steps too. This will make your mind to take up and make the thoughts and feelings a part of your character.
To make it more effective, here are things you should remember to do:
• Do the practice for 15 minutes in the morning as well as in the evening. (Twice per day)
• Invest 100% concentration in it (the most important of all)
• Think about understanding, peace and mercy through the day whenever you are free.
• Put into practice the answers you get in the questions you ask yourself, with determination.
• Do it for at least 2 months without cheating.
• After 1 month, start doing the practice for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night before you sleep.
• Note how you deal with situations after you are done.
And that is pretty much how you fight destructive anger in your life.
If you would like to leave comments or ask questions, leave them in the comments section below, and I will be more than happy to help you out.