Trying so hard to have a stand in your life? Well, I can show you how to be more assertive in life.
You have been trying to turn down people on various occasions for various reasons but you haven’t been able to do that completely. Right? You don’t want to hurt other people’s feelings yet you also don’t want to go against yourself, morals and what you believe in. Isn’t it?
It is a real stretch but it doesn’t really have to be.
I have traveled that road before and it was very hard for me to stay true to myself without making others angry.
I was quite a bashful guy in the past and this bothered me. When I tried to be assertive using tips from the web, I would annoy my friends as I would be very rude.
But I later discovered a very handy training for the mind called mind twist which changed everything. I will be showing you exactly how I gained assertiveness and hopefully it can help you change too. Okay?
Sweet! Let me give you more information about it.
What the Assertive Mind Twist is All About
This training is meant to help you gain more firmness in your decisions but help you express them in a gentle way that won’t hurt others.
Being assertive is not all about being a hard hearted person.
It is about being yourself and doing the things you have planned or not doing things you don’t find right without offending others (key part is, without offending others).
So, I wish you could understand that assertiveness doesn’t mean getting your way over others all the time.
That said, this training will now help you know the ways you can use to excuse yourself and also help you to carefully think your options through before making any decisions.
Ideally, it will help you to be more organized in thought, make wise decisions, hold firm the decisions you make and be ready to let go of the alternative activities no matter how tempting they may be.
So the gist of it is helping you gain self discipline, prudence and humility.
How You’ll Increase Assertiveness With Mind Twist
If you are “weak” in making decisions and can’t quite make up your mind on something, it means you have a feeble mind.
Please don’t get me wrong as that was my case.
I did make decisions but couldn’t keep the promises I made to myself because I didn’t want to annoy my friends. I agreed to everything they suggested and just recently, I realized I was other people’s slave.
I was helping them to achieve the firm decisions they made at the expense of my own. But this concept doesn’t make them the bad guys. I was the one who was misleading myself and allowing to be led on.
And I only needed to twist my mind to see how things can change so rapidly.
Mind twist helps you twist your thoughts and concepts of decision making and firmness, and help you make them stronger.
It will help condition your mind to be more receptive to your own ideas and embracing them more than others, in a polite way.
It will use your own thoughts to get you to gain more mental strength and the right words to make you free to do anything you have planned.
And by doing it, you will gain respect from your friends and partner in the relationship you are in.
How the Mind Twist Comes Along
Well, the training is straightforward but it has a deeper impact than it may sound.
You will be able to feel the inner power to reject offers from people within 15 minutes. And it will help you build this power and strength into your personality moving forward.
You should put it into practice soon after you’ve read this post to see how effective it is.
This is the way it takes shape:
• Prepare a good place – Get a place where there is plenty of silence, fresh supply of oxygen (air) and is neat. It can be any of your rooms, offices or a perfect spot outside. Ensure the 3 key factors are there.
• Get seated – Take a seat and make sure you are comfortable but then not too much. Don’t use headrests or armrests. Have your spine remain straight.
• Have your eyes closed
• Look at the nature of assertiveness – Mentally, look at your life in terms of assertiveness.
Answer these questions in your mind. How assertive are you? What is your definition of assertivenss? How strong are you in making and keeping your promises?
Look at the last few occasions where you’ve had to be a bit firm in what you were set to do, prefarably in the last 1 month. How did you handle the situation? Did you make anyone angry? Including yourself? How did the whole thing end up?
Were you happy with how things went? Where do you feel you messed? What aspect did you lack? How can you bring it out in your life?
Then, mentally, take a picture of someone you know to be very assertive yet loved and respected by people. Ask yourself how they would have treated the few encounters you’ve had. See the words they’d use to dismiss themselves from the crowd.
Observe how polite and humble they are in listening to other’s opinions but rejecting them wisely to remiain true to themselves. Take a few examples of times you have seen them treat people and themselves fairly, and take keen note on how modest they are.
Follow the structure of thought above as it is, it is important.
• Give this training 15 minutes and complete concentration – If you want to feel the strong impact of the exercise, you will have to pour all your concentration into it.
You have to attend totally to every thought in order to discover the true nature of assertiveness. Any distractions will take away the benefits.
The deeper you concentration, the more possible your mind will be able to release mental power and strength to act upon the thoughts coming through in your mind.
So please make sure you concentrate with all your heart, even though it may be hard for most people who haven’t been taught to concentrate, including me.
• When you are done, you should open your eyes and take note of your feelings.
What You’ll Note When You Finish the Training
If you go into great depths of thought by analyzing the topics I’ve listed and see that you have concentrated with all your heart, these are the feelings which will be evident in you.
• Your mind gains a strong push which you can feel around the inner middle section
• The chest gets a cool feeling that is very pleasant and assuring
• Your face becomes brighter and you feel at peace with yourself
• Your eyes feel more awake than they ever have been
• You feel strong and set to deal with those stretching scenarios with more intelligence and humility
• You realize how much you have been in darkness about assertiveness and its approach.
Now to Get You to be Always Assertive
To become assertive every time, the proper way, will need more than the practice above. In fact, that was to give you a rough idea of its value.
And the feelings you get from it are most likely to last for about 3 days.
Your mind will need more stimulation and concentration to take up the thoughts into your character and release strength to make them part of you.
For this to happen, you will need to do these extra things:
• Do the training every morning and every evening exactly as directed
• Be persistent with it for about 2 months
• When you’ve been at it for a full month, take things to 30 minutes for each session instead of the previous 15 minutes
• Concentrate your best and make every thought count
• Learn some lessons from the thoughts and discoveries you make and apply them in your life soonest
• Note how strong you’ll have grown in 2 months and see how people treat you. (With more respect and using a humble approach)
That, folks, is how you are able to cultivate the virtue of assertiveness in your life.
I would love to hear how you find the practice once you have done it. Be sure to let me know of your experience in the comments. I’ll look out for them.