When it comes to trying out new things, or taking on tasks that seem fairly daunting, or even working on your personal goals, we all have to agree that there are many times we feel very much tempted to make up excuses to avoid them.
There are times we go with the excuses and fail to work on the tasks and there are times, very few times, that we get the energy and determination to blast through the walls and get things done.
If you are one of us, who like taking the excuses route and end up regretting later, and you would really like to leave our group, then excuses begone DVD, is your sure path to that.
In this excuses begone DVD review, I will be taking you through the contents of the DVD, and will get into how the author has tackled the weakness of giving excuses and the solutions he has offered to some of the most common excuses we tend to make.
Grab a cup of coffee and let’s get started with this. 🙂
Name: Excuses Begone DVD
Duration: 2 hours
Number of discs: 1
Best Place to Buy: www.amazon.com
Format: NTSC video format
Region code: All Regions
Manufacturer: Hay House, Inc.
Date Of Release: May 1, 2012
A Few Things About The DVD and the Author
This is an inspirational video that is more of a lecture on the thinking patterns and habits that are limiting us from achieving our goals and the actual process of overcoming them while forming new habits that are in line with our long term goals.
The video has been inspired by the book called “Excuses Begone! How to Change Lifelong, Self-defeating Thinking Habits“.
There is also a section of the video that goes deep into the four essential questions that should be used to help someone who feels their mind is stuck somewhere to break though the stagnation to another level of even greater opportunities.
The creator of the video is Wayne Walter Dyer. He was born on 10th May 1940 and sadly passed on 29th of August 2015. (May he rest in peace).
He was a self improvement author, an inspirational speaker and a philosopher in his own right.
He had a pretty rough childhood. His first decade, he grew up in an orphanage after his father left him, his mum and other two siblings.
They had been living in Ontario in Canada.
After clearing his high school diploma in Denby High School, Dyer joined the US navy in 1958 and served for about 4 years.
Later, he took on a degree in counselling and that is how he became an inspirational speaker.
He had his first book published in 1976. The book was known as Your Erroneous Zones which has become one of the all time best sellers.
About 34 million copies of the book have been sold.
The Gist and More Meat of the Video…
Well, the dvd talks pretty much about the excuses people tend to come up with so as to avoid doing things they feel are beyond them or aren’t plainly meant for them, as they perceive.
Personally, I can easily relate to this.
I have been a huge procrastinator and a master of excuses for a very long time but with the help of the video, I am coming to realize that things are not as complicated and hard to achieve as I initially thought them to be.
The video touches on the most common excuses we have made though our lives and how to counter attack them so that we are able to work on the things we ought to in order to grow towards our goal achievement.
It also talks about the beliefs we have about things and their power to make us or break us, not to mention the power of right thinking and making the right choices.
There is somewhere he says that the force behind us making excuses and not doing the tasks we are supposed to is really huge and if we don’t fight against it, we are going to remain stuck forever.
When this happens, all that we ever wished for and hoped we’d get in this life will remain only as wishes.
Everyone has wishes which have all the best kinds of stuff we would imagine but we are more inclined to our dreams than getting down and dirty to work on them.
The beauty of life is that we all have the power to choose, the dreams or the work.
And, even though you might have been choosing the wrong thing for almost half of your life, you still have the time to choose to do the right thing.
It is never too late.
He stresses that to avoid taking the excuses route, you need to get used to making the right choices which you should them follow up with consistent action.
I belive you can see how the DVD is packed with so much valuable content.
To spice things up even more, I will reveal to you some of the affirmations Dr. Dyer shares with people to overcome the most frequently used excuses. Here they are:
1. The excuse – The task is going to be difficult. The affirmation to deal with it – I have the all the ability and energy to complete any task I focus my mind on. And I do it with much ease and comfort.
2. It seems to be pretty risky – Being true to myself does not come with any risks. Being myself is what I hold as truth, and I will live like this without fear.
3. It is going to take a long time – I have all the patience needed when it comes to reaching my destiny.
4. There is likely to be family drama – I would rather be disliked for the person I truly am than to be admired for the person I am not.
5. I don’t think I deserve it – I am purely a Divine creation, a perfect piece of God. Therefore, I am more than deserving it.
6. This is clearly not my nature – My true nature is perfect in all sense. It is to this true nature that I step back to.
7. I surely can’t afford it – I have a connection to a source of provision that it unlimited.
8. No one is going to help me – All the right people as well as the right circumstances are already there and will bring themselves forth in good time.
9. This has never ever happened before – The time to make it happen is now. It is my time to come closer to what I want.
10. I don’t have enough strength – I have all the assistance I need. All of my power and strength comes from the Source of being I am connected to.
11. I don’t have enough smartness – I have a divinely created mind; everything is perfect, and I am quite the genius in my own way.
12. I’m too old for this (or too young for it) – I am an ageless being. My age has never been an issue with what I do or the person I am.
13. The default rules won’t allow me – My life is driven by Divine standards.
14. It’s just too big – I will set my mind only on what I can achieve for now. By taking things at a time, I will get to achieve great things.
15. I am not energetic enough – I have huge passion within me, and this is what keeps me excited and always energetic.
16. It does not run in the blood – I live in the present moment by being grateful for all of my life experiences as a child.
17. I’m just too occupied for it – As I clear my mind, I feel the inclination to fulfil my calling in life.
18. I feel too scared – I have never been alone so I can surely achieve what I have set in my mind.
I find these affirmations to be quite profound and self liberating if you think about them deeply.
The Best Place to Buy
The place I always recommend to get this DVD is on Amazon because of its good purchase and delivery reputation,. Also, I find it convenient and time saving if you were planning to buy other home or work stuff online today as you get them all in the same store.
My Personal Thoughts on Excuses Begone DVD
Based on the way I interacted with it, I would say it is really helpful for someone who is determined to change their stagnant life for good in order to achieve their goals. The advice and practical steps of doing things is on point and very relatable to things that we go through.
So, even as you listen through, you will feel like Dr. Dyer is speaking to your particular situation. I say it is definitely worth the time.
Other books you might find interesting on the same topic are:
- Breaking the habit of being yourself
- Present over perfect
- The road back to you
- Purpose driven life
- Feeling Good: The new mood therapy
And that is where I rest my case folks.
I hope I have been helpful with getting you to know what to expect in the video.
If you have any comment, questions about the DVD, or anything about self improvement, feel more than welcome to leave them below. I will more than glad to give you a hand where I can.
P.S. I try to keep my time to respond less than an hour. Sometimes I do it in minutes. You can try me out. 🙂