I know you are passionate about drawing and coming up with great works of art, right?
And I’m guessing that is why you are reading this review, because you want to learn how to draw the right way or maybe take your artistic skills to the next level, isn’t it?
Well, don’t worry because here, I will let you in on a really good book called, “Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain”, that will help you with exactly all of that.
The book is quite useful in the area as it has new insights to share with you on drawing that are based on using the right side of your brain.
You will love every bit of this.
Inside this Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain book review, I will be helping you understand the most essential areas of the book like the gist of it, some more meat of the book, comparison with another great book on the topic, the pro’s and con’s, customer reviews, video reviews on it, who the book is for, where best to buy it and my final thoughts on the book.
Name: Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain
Best Place to Buy: www.amazon.com
Author: Betty Edwards
Publication Date: April 26, 2012
Genre: Self Help Book
The Gist of The Book
This is a simple guide that teaches you how to draw, or improve your skills by showing you how to utilize or better yet, train the right side of your brain, which is your artistic side.
Some of the abilities that are associated with the right side of the brain as you are going to learn more in the book include:
* Recognizing faces
* Expressing emotions
* Reading emotions
The left side of the brain does more of:
* Critical thinking
What is amazing about the method emphasized in this book is that those people who thought that they couldn’t draw will be easily able to after reading this book and understanding the method very well.
The author of this book is Betty Edwards.
I discovered that she was born in 1926 in San Francisco, California and is an American author best known for this book.
More to that, she is an arts teacher.
She received a Bachelor’s in Art from the University of California, Los Angeles in 1947, a Master’s of Art from California State University, Northridge, and a Doctorate in Art, Education, and Psychology from the University of California, Los Angeles in the year 1976.
She also has a company called Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain that creates special drawing materials, videos and tools all in an aim to help individuals learn to draw.
As an artist and painter, all of her teaching experience has been in art.
I believe you can see that pretty much all her life is art and she has really mastered it right!
Some More Meat of The Book
The main premise of this book is helping you know how to draw, and draw in an expert way with much ease. As the author explains, drawing is not something for the talented alone. No. It is for everyone and that is why this book is here to prove that as well as help you through it.
In this book, Betty Edwards, tackles so many issues pertaining drawing and shows you what’s preventing you from drawing well including clearing the air up on some misconceptions people have been made to believe about drawing.
If you look at how detailed this book is, you will realize that Betty really did put in a lot of work into helping readers know how to draw. It’s clear that she is really passionate about this particular area and you will get to see that as you read through the book.
She helps readers by including many exercises in the book which if done often and as per her instructions could help them perfect their craft.
There is so much that you will learn from her on drawing in this book.
It’s actually the bestselling book on the topic and so I can assure you will fetch so much value from the book. In fact, many people have said that it has worked for them well so if you follow the guidelines stated out for you it will work fro you too.
Who is The Book For?
The book targets anyone that would like to learn how to draw. Pretty much everyone!
Pros and Con’s Of The Book
* The book is educative in that it teaches anyone how to draw.
* The book has a lot of background and theory that is interesting and helpful.
* The book is eye opening as it opens your mind to new insights into drawing.
* The book also has drawing exercises that work, so a reader will be in a position to draw at least something after reading this book. (Talk about getting practical with knowledge!)
* There are a few things that have been repeated in the book a lot especially in explanation on the basic skills of drawing. But I think it is all in the effort of emphasising the key details that you should keep in mind as you draw.
Drawing on The Right Side of The Brain Vs The Natural Way To Draw by Kimon Nicolaïdes
The Natural Way To Draw is a book that guides readers on how to draw by laying emphasis on contour, gesture, weight and structure.
Although the content in these two books is slightly different, both books are useful in helping you learn how to draw.
* A reader said that the book has the potential to change lives and that he has experienced rather astonishing changes from reading the first few chapters.
* Another reader said that the book is a great instructional book and that it really does work.
* Another reader said that the book is great and that the author does more than just explore art concepts but also explores the importance of creative thinking.
* There was also another reader that said the book is most definitely a reference book for anybody’s art library.
* Another reader said that the book has the fundamentals for drawing that modern art education doesn’t teach people and a fascinating explanation of why a person thinks they can’t!
On the negative side,
* There was a reader that said the book is not a book for people new to drawing because it was not useful to him at all.
This is what he personally felt. Not everyone felt this too. So I would encourage you, if you are a beginner, to get to read the book yourself and decide if it works for you or not.
I also looked at some videos of the book to further see what readers had to say about it as well as to give you an idea of how they are finding the book. Most people gave general details on the book and what they loved about it.
You can watch one of the videos here.
Where Best To Order Your Copy
Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain Book is available on a lot of platforms but the best place I recommend you to buy the book is on www.amazon.com because it offers a lot of benefits for book lovers like you such as:
* Free access to prime reading
* Free shipping for print book
* No extra cost once you get one kindle first ebook a month
* Free access to audible channels and so much more
As I conclude this review, I would like you to remember that from the book you will learn:
* Perceiving Relationships
My Final Thoughts On The Book
This is generally a good book, and it’s really great for people who are passionate about drawing or rather those that would like to improve their skill.
I recommend that you try out this book to learn some basics on drawing.
And that is all about this book, folks!
Another book I recommend you to read is Your Fantastic Elastic Brain book.
If you have any questions, concerns and comments about this book, feel super free to ask and I will surely help you out to the best of my ability.
Here’s to the new drawing skills using the right side of your brain! 🙂