Taoism teaches you to embrace life in actions that support you as a person and also shows you how to flow with the essence of life.
There are hundreds of variations in its practise but all have proven to be very beneficial if practised consistently, especially on a daily basis.
If the practice piqued you interest and you would really want to know the gist of the practice and how to make the most of it, the book, “365 Tao: Daily Meditations” book is going to come in handy for you.
The book will be pretty useful in the area because it has daily meditations particularly for each day that are centred around improving certain aspects of your life which in the long run will help you take the most benefits from this practice.
You are going to love the insights in the book here.
Inside this 365 Tao book review, I will be helping you understand the most essential areas of the book like the gist of it, some more meat of the book, comparison with another great book on this topic, the pro’s and con’s, customer reviews, video reviews on it, who the book is for, where best to buy it and my final thoughts on the book.
Name: 365 Tao
Author: Deng Ming-Dao
Best Place to Buy: www.amazon.com
Genre: Self Help Book
Language: (book has been translated in numerous languages)
Publication Date: July 17, 1992
Book Length: 400
The Gist of The Book
This is a daily meditation book with an environmental and Taoist perspective.
In the book, the author provides you with daily poetic teachings and aphorisms which you get to use for the whole year in your meditation sessions.
The book is well written in an easily digestable and concise manner which will give you an easy time comprehending what is said there and in putting it into practice.
The popular Deng Ming-Dao is the author of this book.
He was born in 1954 and is a Chinese American author, teacher, philosopher and martial artist.
He studied Taoist internal arts from a young age and is an award-winning fine artist and graphic designer as well.
From his vast knowledge and experience in the area, he is someone you can rely on for advice on Taoism.
Some More Meat of The Book
Here, I will be taking a look at the main things that you will be getting in the book and then let you read them from the book itself.
The author provides you with daily meditations in the Taoist perspective.
He provides you with a year’s worth of daily poetic teachings and aphorisms all which are in a clear, contemporary language.
You will have meditations that are completely different from one another in terms of approach but they will be aiming at getting you deeper and deeper into the experience of Taoism.
They will be opening your mind in different dimensions and will increase your level of insight and understanding in a really great way.
The good thing is, the book avoids the use of technical Chinese terms, as with most other related book out there, to even the simplest such as yin and yang, meaning that you will not have a hard time with the book. It was written with the complete beginner in mind so you shouldn’t worry about language complexity.
The book is also well organised for you in that every meditation starts with a one word title, then its Chinese character, number of the meditation and lastly, a short poetic precept.
In addition to this, the author ensures that each of the meditation entry in the book depicts a single Taoist principle in natural imagery thereby making the book even more impacting for you.
There is so much in the book you are going to love.
Allow me to stop there before I spill all the beans so that I give you time to dig for the more interesting aspects of the book from the book itself.
Who is The Book For?
The book targets anyone that has heard of Taoism and has found it interesting enough to want to learn more about it and give it a go.
The Pro’s and Con’s
* The book is practical and easy to work with.
* The author has amazing experience in the area and shares it in the book.
* The book is very thought provoking for readers.
* The book is also very inspirational.
* The book might be a bit complex for someone who wants to get started with Tao practice without a little background info on the meaning and what the practice stands for. But it shouldn’t be difficult if you are determined to make it work for you. I recommend watching a short Youtube video on the basics and then go ahead and work with the book.
365 Tao Book Vs Chronicles of Tao: The Secret Life of a Taoist Master
Also another good book on Tao practice is, Chronicles of Tao: The Secret Life of a Taoist Master. It is a book that looks at Taoist practice, international adventure and martial arts discipline.
Though the two books are different, they are good resources to use to become better in Tao practice. With the two, you will have a smooth flow in terms of understanding the practice and getting to fetch its benefits.
I took time to look at what people that have read the book were saying and this is what I got:
Starting with the positive reviews,
* A reader said that the book is a fantastic book for anyone interested in Taoism and meditation.
* Another reader said that the book is poetic and insightful.
* A reader also said that the book is the finest book on Taoism since the Tao te Ching
* There was also a reader that said the book is a thought provoking and life changing book.
* Another reader said that the book is a wonderful, inspirational book for learning the way of Tao.
On the negative side,
* A reader said that the book is not what he expected. This reader seemed to have quite different expectations of the book before he had established what it offers. But since you know what the book offers, you will not be disappointed by it.
Unfortunately, I did not find a video that reviews the book but I did find someone who has read an excerpt of the book about one of the daily meditations, resolve. Here he is.
Where Best To Order Your Copy
365 Tao book is available on many platforms but I recommend that you purchase it on www.amazon.com. This is because I find buying from the store to have so many benefits because you get:
* Free access to prime reading
* Free shipping for print book
* No extra cost once you get one kindle first ebook a month
* Free access to audible channels and so much more
As I conclude this review I would like you to remember that from the book you will learn:
* How Tao raises the quality of your life through meditation in so many ways
My Final Thoughts on The Book
This is a great book with so much to teach you about tao and its way of life. I find the daily meditations you will be taken through to be quite essential in your life if you ere to live a fulfilled life full of peace, calmness and wisdom.
I therefore recommend it to anyone looking to understand taoism.
Am sure that you will find the book useful if you read the mindful tip set out for each day and work seriously with it, so ensure that you do so.
And that is all about this book.
Another book I recommend you to read is 10 Minute Mindfulness book. Really valuable book.
This is yet another amazing book on Tao practice and I would suggest that you read it too.
I would really love to hear your comments as well as questions on the book. So keep them coming because I will be waiting for them.
To the new Taoism journey ahead!