Looking for a really comprehensive software for neurofeedback, biofeedback or physiological research?
I am confident you are looking for the best software out there to give as much information as possible in the best way possible isn’t it?
That’s probably why you wish to understand how great the BioTrace+ software is at this job, isn’t it?
Well, my BioTrace+ software review will be walking you through the enigire software and will be telling you more about what BioTrace is really all about, how it has been set to work, the new features of the update version of it, the cost and discounts and my personal thoughts on it.
I believe this short yet detailed review will prove to be super effective for you.
Lets get started on it right away.
Name: Bio Trace
Company: Mind Media
Known For: Biofeedback, Neurofeedback and physiological research
Rating: 95 out of 100
What BioTrace is
This is a software that has been designed to help make neurofeeback, biofeedback, qEEG or even physiological research easy and effective.
It comes with a number of tools that increase the quality of results of tracking the brain and body and will help you know how exactly they are functioning, where things are not going well and how well to solve the issues once and for all.
The software has been used in many institutions like hospitals and clinics, labs, bio banks, and pharmaceuticals to aid in more research, monitoring patients and for treatment purposes.
It was designed by Mind Media. This is a well reputed company that was founded back in 1992 and has had the opportunity to help thousands of people across the world.
It has sold equipment to major companies like Mayo Clinic, Schon klinik, university of Zurich and University of Washington to name a few. They are based in Herten, Germany.
How BioTrace+ Works
As the names starts to hint, it mainly aims at providing the best experience for monitoring the mind and different parts of the body for medical purposes.
BioTrace is mainly used in:
1. Biofeedback (which involves training your body to gain control of voluntary responses using technology)
2. Neurofeedback (which involves biofeedback for the brain or simply monitoring brainwaves in the mind for treating or improving certain aspects of it)
3. qEEG (which is known as quantitative EEG, meaning it is more like neurofeedback which is more digitized. It is also called Brain Mapping)
4. Physiological research (which involves study, monitoring and analysis of different areas of our lives for different purposes)
When it comes to biofeedback, it is aimed at combating stress through relaxation techniques.
Some of the types of biofeedback modalities that can be performed with the BioTrace software are
– Heart rate variability
– Respiration training
– Vaso training
– Psychophysiological stress test
– Skin conductance training
This means that if you want to know more about your body, how different parts of it behave and respond in various situations, this is the software to have.
The New Version of BioTrace Software
In 2015, a new version of the app called Biotrace+ was launched and it came with very advanced features that help you get your way around it very easily.
And then the company later updated the software to BioTrace + version V2017A for Nexus.
Interaction with this new version is extremely simplisti. Collecting data and analyzing is far easier than it was with the older version.
Some of the new features you will find with the update are:
1. Ability to navigate the software like using a web browser. You are now able to go to various places within the software by simply clicking on icons and buttons.
2. It comes with a signal library, therapy library and assessment library, and comes with more than 300 new screens.
3. It has screens that are standardized which means knowing how to operate one screen is like knowing how to operate all of them, for any kind of tasks, as they are all the same.
4. It has many media options like videos, games, puzzle effects, audio, 2D and 3D animations as well as graphics. You can also add your own images and videos.
5. It also supports dual monitoring which allows you to modify changes on the client screen easily, in just a few clicks.
And this is just scratching the surface. There are other many great features like color screen changing that you will get.
The thing is, there are so many new features that if I were to list here would take up so much space and so much time for you to read.
If you want to get the complete version details, you can check out the introductory video of the 2015 BioTrace Software made by Mind media.
How To Use BioTrace Software
This software comes with a users manual, it is therefore important that you read the manual carefully to know how it works.
You could also visit their website and below there you will see a “Documentation” section. If you open it, you will see the software’s manual.
Although it’s a long one, it’s quite comprehensive as to how you should perform different operations. With this you won’t get stuck. But in case you do, you can always ask for help from the support team.
Please Note: Before you install this software you will want to read through the requirements of using it so that you don’t get issues later down the road. This has been strongly advised by the creators.
My Thoughts on BioTrace
BioTrace is a software that I find very effective, easy to use and very detailed as far as the tasks it can perform are concerned.
It gets to help you have one software that will help you monitor and analyze all kinds of biofeedback, qEEG, physiological research and neurofeedback, all under the same roof.
While using other softwares, you’d have to get a different software for each function.
It also works very efficiently and provides well structured and analyzed data easily. So it’s something I would recommend you go for.
And that is where I rest my case folks.
I hope you have found my review useful.
If you have got any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below and I will be more than happy to help you out.