You want to find out what the code of the extraordinary mind book is right?And you want to find out what it really is and how it can help you isn’t it?
Well,my review on this book will come in handy for you as it will help you know all about it regarding ,what it really is, what it talks about ,cost and finally my thoughts about this book.
I will try all my best to give you every single detail about this book and if by any chance i don’t tackle one of the things you really wanted,you can as well ask in the comments area and i will be happy to help you out .Agreed?
With that said,lets now get to the “The code of the extraordinary mind” book review.
Name: The Code Of The Extraordinary Mind
Best Place to Buy: www.amazon.com
Author: Vishen Lakhiani
Publisher: Rodale Books
Publication Date: 10th May 2016
Genre: Self Help Book
Pages: 288 pages
What It Is
The Code of the Extraordinary Mind, a New York Times bestseller, is a blueprint of laws to break us free from the shackles of an ordinary life.
It makes a case that everything we know about the world is shaped by conditioning and habit.
And thus, most people live their lives based on limiting rules and outdated beliefs about pretty much everything love, work, money, parenting, sex, health, and more which they inherit and pass on from generation to generation.
Blending computational thinking, integral theory, modern spirituality, evolutionary biology, and humor, personal growth entrepreneur Vishen Lakhiani provides a revolutionary 10-point framework for understanding and enhancing the human self.
This framework is based on Lakhiani’s personal experiences, the 5 million people he’s reached through Mindvalley, and 200 hours of interviews and questions posed to incredible minds, including Elon Musk, Richard Branson, Peter Diamandis, Ken Wilber, Dean Kamen, Arianna Huffington, Michael Beckwith, and other legendary leaders.
Once you discover the code, you will question your limits and realize that there are none. Step into a new understanding of the world around you and your place in it, and find yourself operating at a new, extraordinary level in every way…happiness, purpose, fulfilment, and love.
A brief history of The Author:
Born : January 14, 1976
Residence :Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Education :University of Michigan
Founder and C.E.O : Mind Valley
What The Book Talks About
• Law 1: Transcend the Culturescape . Transcending the culturescape is about stepping outside your perceived world, so you can start to recognize the relative truths that can be changed, and thereby free yourself.
• Law 2: Question the Brules .
A Brule is basically a bullsh**t rule. For example, most of us have been taught that to be happy and successful, we must work hard, have good grades, a good career, a happy family and save for retirement. These are all Brules.
In the book , Lakhiani shares how such Brules are outdated and should be broken. He also explains the 5 main sources of Brules , and the Brules he has busted in his life (e.g. the Religion Brule, and the Hard Work Brule).
• Law 3: Practice Consciousness Engineering . Most of us update and upgrade our electronic gadgets and computer systems regularly, yet we don’t do the same for our beliefs and habits. Consciousness engineering is basically updating the operating system for your brain, in 2 parts: (a) Your
hardware (Models of Reality, or beliefs) and (b) your software (Systems for Living, or habits) . You can replace both your beliefs and habits, like how you replace parts of your computer hardware and software to optimize it.
• Law 4: Rewrite your Models of Reality . This law is about becoming replacing your disempowering beliefs with healthier and more empowering ones. In the book , Lakhiani shares many examples of how specific incidents shifted his beliefs to deliver massive results, from relationships to business profits.
• Law 5: Upgrade your Systems for Living . This law is about consistently growing & innovating through new habits and practices.
• Law 6: Bending Reality . In 2008, Lakhiani discovered a simple switch which transformed his business profitability. He basically stopped pegging his happiness to his goals. Instead, he focused on being happy in the present, while working concurrently on his vision. He calls this “bending reality”–In this state, you love what you do, ideas flow to you intuitively, you attract the right people and opportunities, and things just fall in place. There are 2 elements: (a) be happy in the now, and (b) have an exciting vision for the future, and let this vision pull you forward.
Law 7: Live in Blissipline. “Blissipline” is the discipline of daily bliss, or being happy in the now.
• Law 8: Create a Vision for your Future . Your heart-felt goals and vision provide the “forward momentum” to pull you ahead. Lakhini explains the difference between end-goals vs mean-goals, the 12 key types of end goals, and the 3 Most Important Questions to crystallize your end-goals.
• Law 9: Be unfuckwithable . When you’re unfuckwithable, you’re so fully in touch and at peace with yourself, that you’re no longer bothered by what others say or do. You’re not afraid to dream, take bold actions, and fail, knowing you can always learn and try again. You can love and give fully, without fearing the potential loss of any person/goal/thing.
• Law 10: Embrace your Quest . At this phase, you’re ready to serve your higher calling or your quest, and make your contribution to mankind. If you’re living all the previous rules, your quest will naturally come knocking. All you need to do is to listen and take action. Even if you’re unsure what to do, just take any baby step—this expresses your intent, and allows the Universe to guide you forward.
Lakhiani ends the book with a 6-Phase practice to enhance 6 skills that are crucial for reality bending.
Best Place to Buy The Book
The best place I recommend you buy the book is on Amazon. The price there is fair and according to my research, it is the most trusted online store at the moment. It will also be very convenient for you to buy there if you were planning to do more online shopping today.
This is a well written book i really found the 10 laws really interesting.
Feel free to leave in your comments as well
as your questions.
I hope you found this review useful to you.