You have probably heard that the mind drone will give you the ability you fly a brain based helicopter using your mind, right? And you want to know how true this thing is and how exactly it will help improve your brain power, true?
Well in this mind drone review, I will be helping you understand the whole mechanics of the system as I will be getting into areas like what mind drone really is, how it is meant to be of use to you, how you use it, it’s cost, discounts, my thoughts about it and the steps I recommend you take with regards to it.
I’ll keep it short but deeply detailed out. Promise.
Name: Mind Drone
Best Known For: Increasing brain power
Rankings: 88 out of 100
What The Mind Drone is
The mind drone is a device that records electrical brain activity and measures its movement based on parts of the brain that light up.
The signal is then monitored and sent to another computer that transmits a signal to the drone which makes it move.
The mind drone is worn in what looks like a swimmers cap equipped with a total of 128 electrodes that detect brain waves.
The electrodes identify where thoughts originate in the brain and determine a person’s intended commands and then those commands are communicated to the drone via Blue Tooth.
The drone is simply controlled with your mind.
You can use many ways to get it to fly. Some of them include cognitive thoughts, facial expressions, gyroscope or by keyboard like a helicopter in GTA.
I think this is a very interesting and amazing invention to see our brain capability.
Science is by the day coming up with this kind of inventions all with an aim of helping people live their lives way much easier and better.
The company behind the mind drone is known as Emotiv as I mentioned earlier in my summary.
This is a bioinformatics company that uses ElectroEncephaloGraph (EEG) to track mental performance, monitor emotions and control virtual and physical objects with your thoughts.
It was founded in the United States of America in the year 2011 and its founder and C.E.O is called Tan Le.
Tan Le is a technology innovator, entrepreneur, business executive and sought after speaker who has even appeared in the TED talk show.
How Mind Drone Works
The mind drone simply works by collecting brain signals through a device mounted on your head called a Brain Computer Interface (BCI).
These brain waves are normally firing off your brain and based from information collected, the drone moves according to the pattern of your thoughts.
For example, if you think going forward, then the drone will move forward and if you want it to move to the left or right, it will move exactly like that.
To fully understand the process, let’s start with a brief introduction of the basics involved in this process.
The whole process starts with collection of brain signals.
So, what are brain waves and how do they function?
A brain wave is an electrical impulse in the brain.
It is the rhythmic or repetitive neural activity in the central nervous system.
Brain waves are detected using sensors placed on the scalp.
A brief overview of the brainwaves.
a) Alpha Waves
* These range from 8hz to 12hz in frequency
* They are emitted when we are in a state of physical and mental relaxation (awake but not processing much information).
* These brainwaves alleviate stress among other benefits
b) Beta Waves
*These waves range from 12 hz to 27hz
* They are emitted when we are consciously alert or feel agitated, feel all tensed and afraid
* Their benefits include improves concentration and alertness, improved logic, reasoning and critical thinking, they are also responsible for the fight flight response.
C) Theta Waves
* These range from 3hz -8hz
* This waves offer a state of somnolence with reduced consciousness, light sleep or extreme relaxation.
– reduce mental fatigue
– reduce anxiety and stress
– Improved physical healing
4. Delta Waves
* The frequency range of these waves is 0.2 hz to 3hz
* They are usually emitted during deep sleep and during dreamless sleep when there is unconsciousness
They produce anti – aging hormones
5. Gamma Brain Waves
* These waves range from 27 hz and up
* They are associated with the formation of ideas, language, memory processing and various types of learning.
* They will disappear during deep sleep induced by anaesthesia
* They produces high level of intelligences among other benefits
The mind drone includes four different control methods for your drone.
These are :
1. Keyboard. You can control the drone with the keys “Q, W, E, A, S, D, PageUp and PageDown”. The keyboard control is very intuitive and works even more precise, than the Smartphone control with AR.FreeFlight.
2. Cognitiv Suite. This makes use of the power of your brain. The drone moves in the same way, as the cube in EMOTIV Xavier Control Panel.
Of course you can configure this control mode and map your preferred cognitiv thoughts to the drone actions you like. You can also combine this control mode with Expressiv Suite or Emotive EPOC+, or even Emotive Insight Gyroscope.
3. Expressiv Suite. This uses your facial expressions for sending special commands to your drone.
For example during Take off, Landing or Recording video. You can also move the AR.Drone with your eyes. Example: Look to the left and your drone turns left. Look to the right and it turns right. Raise your eyebrows and the drone flies up. Lower it and it flies down.
The expressiv commands are also fully configurable.
4. Gyroscope. This uses your head motions. Move your head and the drone moves. Move your head left (or right) and it turns left (or right).Move your head forward (or backward) and the drone starts to fly forward (or backward).
If you want to use Cognitiv, Expressiv or Gyro control, ensure that the EPOC Control Panel is started, before activating these control modes.
The Keyboard control is always activated and overwrites other control modes.
If Cognitiv, Expressiv or Gyro control doesn’t work the way you want, you can interfere with the drone movement using your keyboard.
So please make sure you are familiar with keyboard control, before activating other control modes.
Cognitiv, Expressiv and Gyro control can be activated and configured via the configuration window.
Video recording is also supported. Therefore FFMPEG library is needed. Due to licensing reasons, that library cannot be open.
This device will cost you $14.95. This price according to me is very fair considering what this device has to offer.
How to Use it
This is the procedure of using Mind drone:
1. Place the bci device on your head for collection of brain waves.
2. Use the four different control modi for your drone, this will control how the drone moves.
My Thoughts About The Mind Drone
This is a good and amazing product according to me.
It is a legit product which works really well. I like the multiple options you get for getting the drone to move to different directions. They have really put a lot of thought and effort into it.
The company behind it as well has received numerous awards for being a pioneer in this field. Their devices are among the best and most popular ones in the market right now, so you are working with great stuff here.
I recommend getting Mind drone for it is completely worth it.
I hope you found this review useful to you. If you did, please let me know in the comments. Also if yuh age any questions you would like help with, just write them below and I will get back to you immediately I see them.