You want to find out how to overcome a sugar addiction the easiest and most convenient way possible, right? You truly want to break this addiction once and for all and not have to find yourself easing back into it again. Isn’t it?
Well, I will show you how you can calm the sugar cravings in the next 15 minutes, if they are high on you right now, and how to end them completely, on the long term.
Before you think about getting any dietary or nutritional supplements that are thought to end sugar addiction or go for sugar addiction detox or any other method, I would like you to try this out first.
I call the practice the “Mind Twist” technique.
I firmly believe every addiction starts in the mind.
The addiction grows when the brain looses temperance and self discipline. This is when you lose real sight and insight into the fact that sugar, even though it pleases your taste buds, does a lot of harm in the body.
When this happens, your body goes ahead to ‘serve’ your mind, as it is naturally designed to.
And your body becomes susceptible to sugar and afterwards gets you into trouble.
You dont want to run the risk of getting diabetes or high blood pressure, right? Then it’s time to tame your mind since this will also tame your body and your whole being.
So, roll up your sleeves and let’s get to work.
What is the “Mind Twist” Practice for Sugar Addiction?
This is a practice that will help your mind grow in strength and give your body plenty of energy to help you get over sugar cravings.
The body does what the mind concedes, and if you are a sugar addict, it means your mind has either lost power to resist eating sugary foods, or has allowed and influenced your body to want and crave for it as often as possible.
The only way to break this cycle of taking sugar, getting depressed by not being able to overcome it, then swearing you won’t take it again, and then falling back into it, is to power your mind up to stand firm and deny your body the pleasure.
And the best way is to do this simple mind twist practice.
How the Mind Twist Works
This practice is centered around twisting your thoughts to get you to stop loving too much sugar.
By training your mind to think about the beauty of a well balanced healthy life and the dangers of sugar, for just 15 minutes, you can curb this situation quite easily.
What your mind thinks about for a long time is definitely what the body is inclined to doing.
To put it into perspective, you have been thinking sugary foods and drinks are so sweet all this long, and you can’t miss eating them when the opportunity arises.
These continuous thoughts made your mind take up that principle and make it permanent. That is why you are now addicted.
That is the main cause of your addiction.
Now, you should get to reverse the whole sugar thought process using this practice, and you will be able to get rid of the addiction.
So the deal here is to flood your mind with the thoughts of a well balanced healthy life and the consequences of eating sugary foods for a long time, and in turn, get your mind more mental energy and strong resolution to stop the cravings whenever they come up.
But you should note that, this will need time and effort to go away completely. You have already created a habit which should take time, determination and long persistent thoughts to treat.
How to do the Mind Twist Practice
Just as a heads up, this may appear to be a bit similar to meditation, but do know that it is not such. Meditation uses it own principles and its results are entirely different to this one.
The Mind Twist uses its own sets of rules and brings much faster results and efficiency since it is more targeted towards the actual problem you want to solve.
Here is how you will do it.
If you are currently having the cravings, this is how you cool them down within 15 minutes. Do it after reading this post.
• Whether you are at home or work, get some quiet place.
It may be a room or outside. Just make sure there is fresh freely flowing air, it is necessary.
• Sit down and close your eyes.
• Think deeply about a healthy balanced life and the dangers of sugar. (Start with a healthy balanced life)
• As you think, talk mentally to yourself and explore aspects like what it means to have a truly balanced life nutritionally, the benefits of controlling cravings, the beautiful young faces and well toned bodies that people who live healthily have, and how well they save and spend their money on more important things. (These should be enough to begin with)
• The quality of this whole practice is concentration. The deeper you concentrate, the quicker the effects of strength and resolution you will have, and the better the answers you will have to the aspects you are thinking about.
To tell you upfront, if you don’t put in the whole of your concentration and attention, you won’t get any worthwhile results.
I had this problem myself, and failed to change no matter the long hours I put into the practice. And chances are you may not be able to fully concentrate also, if you have never done it before.
That is why I would advise you to use concentration aids like the Brain Evolution System (the best), Nitrofocus (second best) or Zen 12 (third best). They will help you a long way and maximize your results.
• After 15 minutes, slowly open your eyes and take note of how you feel.
How You Should Feel Immediately After The Practice
If you are sure to invest your whole concentration and attention to the practice and deeply think about the healthy life and the dangers of sugar, you will note that:
• The middle part of your chest has a cooling and reassuring wave of feeling.
• You face is relieved of the tension the cravings had brought and you feel and look more peaceful.
• Your eyes are wider than they usually are.
• The huge cravings you had a while ago have dropped significantly.
• You have gained a substantial amount of mental strength to beat the addiction without much effort.
• You feel more at peace and happy with yourself.
Now to Give You This Permanent Strong and Happy Feeling!
To be quite honest with you, this sugar craving won’t go away as fast as a day or a week.
And the calming feeling you will have gotten after doing the mind twist practice won’t stay for long, for the first few times you do it.
This is because your mind will not have developed enough strength to cure the addiction. If you want to end it completely, you will have to do it for at least 2 months without cheating.
It takes this long for your mind and perception to change.
And to make it much more potent, this is what you should do:
• Do the mind twist practice for 15 full minutes every morning (before sunrise) and at night before you go to sleep.
• Give it your WHOLE concentration.
• After the first month, add 15 more minutes to each session. This simply means doing it for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night.
• Think about the healthy life as well as the dangers of sugar through the day when you have the time. (Especially when you are driving or walking to work or even lunch breaks)
And that is all you need to do to control the cravings and ultimately do away with this nasty addiction.
If you have questions on the practice or addiction, be sure to leave them below and I will be more than happy to help.