You are seriously set on learning how to become more humble, right? You are really determined to build this virtue into your life, isn’t it?
Well, acting humble is one thing and being humble is quite another. And you should set your mind on being humble as it is more natural and rewarding than the former.
I will be walking you through a simple exercise for your mind which really comes in handy for people who want to learn and perfect true humility. It is known as Mind Twist.
It is fun and interesting and I’m sure you will find it helpful.
Let’s talk more about it.
Mind Twist For Humility
As the name hints, this exercise was made to help twist the conditioning of your brain from being extremely or fairly proud to being completely humble.
Well, there are many ranges of humility and pride and this training will help you overcome all of them and direct your thoughts and mind to true humility.
Being humble means you are oftenly quiet, rarely speaking about yourself, willing to let others not notice you, being confident and silent about what you believe and being understanding and caring with others.
If you read the Bible and want to be humble for God, or want to be humble at work, or just be humble and meek generally, this mind twist will be of great assistance to you if you are very determined and ready to do it.
How Mind Twist Helps With Humility
You may have looked for tips on the web on being humble and gotten many ways. But practising humility needs a strategy, something to keep you going steadily everyday.
You need some principles to guide you, and they should be based on genuine humility. Not ways to fake it.
The most important thing of all, you need a determined mind and a heart open to learning, discovering and applying in the real world.
And the mind twist will help you get a determined mind by showing you how easy it is to be humble.
It will also give you enough examples where humility is expresses well. From there, you will be able to grow in humility little by little but getting more value everyday.
Everything happens in the mind. You will be able to change the thoughts and self made concepts that hinder you from letting your self ego get the best of you.
You will also be able to build more helpful, love oriented concepts that will help you become a better, humble and happier person with barely any worries in life.
How You Get Rolling With Mind Twist
The best part of this training is that you will be able to see the impact it has within 15 minutes. The mind is very powerful and it takes up any stimulation of goodness very fast.
So I would like you to do the training immediately you are done. You will see the effects yourself.
Here is the procedure:
• Look for the best place – Get some place you know to be very quiet, neat and has ventilation for good oxygen flow. The three necessities should be there for the brain and the training to work well. You can use your balcony, bedroom, or compound.
• Sit down comfortably – You should then look for somewhere to sit. Use a chair without an armrest as well as a headrest. Have your spine upright throughout.
• Keep your eyes closed
• Observe in depth the aspect of humility – With your eyes closed, get answers for these questions in your mind by thinking hard about them.
What is true humility? What does it means to be purely humble? Which things express humility? What expressions and words display humility? Which ones of these are there in my character? Which ones aren’t? What do I have in place of them? How can I bring the others in?
Then, visualize a super humble person you know and desire to be like. See the characteristics they show of humility. Observe how they treat everyone. Take note of their words and actions.
Recall some few humble person quotes and try to understand them wanting to know the concept behind them.
Think in that exact manner.
• Think for about 15 minutes with full concentration – For you to observe, to learn and be able to cause the stimulation in your mind, 100% concentration throughout will be necessary. Without this no impact will be felt.
When your mind concentrates like this, mental energy is released for learning and acting on the lessons learnt. But you have to be very good at concentrating if you are to take any benefits from this.
• After 15 minutes, open your eyes.
See how how you feel.
The Impact and Feelings You Get When You Finish
When you make the effort of thinking hard and putting all your concentration in the exercise, this is what you will feel right after 15 minutes.
• Your chest will have the cool humble effect which is fairly cold but very pleasing
• Your face will be more awake but very calm
• You will feel a surge of love, feeling of nothingness and understanding for others
• You will feel a strong mental effect in your brain which is very refreshing
• You will get deep insight into the beauty of humility and quietness
• You will feel more than ready to be humble with everyone, even those who stir up your anger
Now to Make Humility Part of Your Personality
Even though the impacts of this training are quick to be felt, they take time to stick. They will fade away almost as fast as they are felt. Typically, they take about 2 to 3 days to disappear, if you don’t do the training again.
But the only way to have them remain and get you to grow in humility is by taking these other steps.
• Be sure to train your mind with the mind twist each morning and every evening before sleeping
• Keep doing it for about 2 months without taking breaks
• After you have done it for a month, up the exercise to 30 minutes instead of the previous 15 minutes
• Remember the two necessities, thinking hard and concentration at its best.
• Take a few things to keep in mind every time you do it and then experiment them as fast as possible
• See how you will have grown in humbleness within 2 months
That is the best way I’ve found to gain and perfect your humility.
This will be of real help if you start it right now. Get the idea of the impact the training gives by doing it for the next 15 minutes. Then follow the other steps.
If you need any help, you can always reach out to me through the comments. I will be happy to help. 🙂